Lego wheels as knob grips

I’ve been using these for ages, they’re brilliant as they make it easy to move one knob with the edge of one finger pad while using the rest of that hand for something else on the op1!

Does anyone know if the same size will fit the op1 field? Or what size will? Or do those knobs move smoothly enough that it’s no longer needed? Ordered one but Thomann so arrival will be slow…

1 Like

I just tried an 87697 on my OP-1 Field. The hole diameter is a tiny bit bigger than the encoder knobs, so it won’t work without modification. But I wrapped some blue painters tape around the encoder knob twice and that was enough to get the tire to wrap snug around it. Makes the knobs much more usable.

I ordered Novak the Enjoyer’s knob covers from Etsy, as I like the look of those a lot better. Hopefully they are as easy to turn with 1 finger as the Lego tire!

These are working great on op1f over the knobs:

LEGO White Tire Ø21 x 12 - Offset Tread Small Wide with Bevelled Tread Edge (60700)

I had to wrap a few turns of tape around the knob first to get a good tight fit.

Now I can do big changes fast and with one hand by running my finger across the edge of the wheel.

I can’t imagine the op1 without this, hugely recommended.