LOVEARTH: a new collab project!

I think we should start already! Just randomize the participation order, unless somebody especially wants to start? Also, we need a Google Drive folder or something to exchange the tape files.

2 Likes

Yes, let’s rock! But as I said, I‘m on vacation and took the OP-Z with me, so please make me one of the last in the list.

What is the benefit of the half panning? I think the hard panning makes for a wider sound, so…?

I’m too preferring hard pan, as you can do half pan with hard pan, but not the other way around.
I don’t think it matters very much, though.

Operators, here is the result of the randomization:

1. @Vehka
  2. @beefinator
  3. @LyingDalai
  4. @TiboDzi
  5. @mixrasta
  6. @motone
  7. @quarantequatre
  8. @blumquist
  9. @Fusket1134
  10. @flybry

We’re still missing 2 people, please feel free to join in!

1 Like

Personal preference. I don’t tend to hard-pan stuff, and my own workflow for tracking/recording/dubbing makes it difficult/impossible to double-record stuff to half-pan. Also don’t like the sound of double-tracking a mono thing, when I don’t want the double-tracked image effect

down for whatever in the end

1 Like

Ok, I have no real preference, I’m all for trying something different :slight_smile:

People please vote for previous collab track name:

I’d love to release it…

I have already voted. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@vehka you’re first to go, whenever it suits you :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to hear what you’re throwing as a start!

Google Drive is fine for me, don’t forget your patches !

1 Like

I would love to take part. Just got my OP1 a few months ago and have been looking for an opportunity to work on a project like this.

1 Like

Ok gimme a few days! Patch sharing is a good idea too.

1 Like

9th slot is yours, dear :slight_smile:

Sorry that it’s taking me a bit, I’ll try to finish it tonight or tomorrow!

1 Like

Take your time. But come out with something great! :100:

2 Likes

Yes, @mixrasta’s right: there is absolutely no need to rush it, friend!

2 Likes

Me me me. I can take a late slot

Yes, @flybry already said he’s in it. Would be the 10’s slot

1 Like

My bad, sorry. Added :+1:

1 Like

Ok, here’s the beginning, sorry that it took so long. It’s all based on a single synth patch, attached, if you want to mess with it. The “movement” of the sound happens by turning the green knob clockwise in the tremolo screen. Hope it’s not too quiet! My faders were at 80, feel free up them if it feels not loud enough?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/172HLPvvyZGI9HGoP4TSa5BBEAkMpuIvp?usp=sharing

I gave everybody upload rights for the folder.

Your turn, @beefinator!

1 Like

alright, will have a look in the next few days

a question, might be relevant to others…:
what’s the “proper” way to migrate a tape to the OP-1? I’ve never actually tried before, and it seems I did it not quite right?
I’m on a Mac, and did:

1. plug in OP-1, open disk mode
  2. (copy backup of stuff I currently had on tape)
  3. copy the 4 downloaded tape tracks, select “replace” in Finder.
  4. copy the 1 patch into the “snapshots” folder on the OP-1
  5. eject the OP-1 “drive”

Then the OP-1 went to a black screen, unresponsive to any keys or power switch actions. I had to unplug USB (heard a small pop from the speaker), then toggle power.
On bootup, I got some messages about “new tape file found…” or something. Seems to be all OK, but definitely doesn’t seem like the “right” results.

also, I put @vehka 's files into a dedicated folder, thinking it would be good for organization.

but maybe that’ll fill up Drive space too quickly, and maybe we only need to keep the latest one.
Could also zip up previous work, it’ll compress a bunch (since the aiff is largely blank space right now)