Midnight Operator! Discussion,Speculation,Q&A

the wet/dry dial is a great addition and did somebody noticed that it’s basically a pre feature for a big one to come!!?

In ep2 Jonas said he can talk about it but unfortunately he was interrupted by Tobias and there was no word about that but a really nice smiling Jonas :fire:

1 Like

What do you think the feature will be?

I guess drum synthesis or something routable to the fx slot :sunglasses::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Drum synthesis would be amazing and probably very doable. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

tomorrow on Videopaks!

Episode 11 was pretty interesting, in which some (or all but one?) of the TE founders participated.

One interesting bit is when they mentioned the OP-Z was created in collaboration with the community. I wonder exactly what they meant by that. I suspect there was a private forum with some key users providing feedback during the development phase…

https://youtu.be/Na4w5Yvm_q0

maybe they are referring to all the beta testers?
it was a long beta process iirc

Yeah, I remember the beta testers, but in the Midnight talk TE seemed to imply more than that…

Btw, they mentioned a new OP-Z module is on its way…

Another interesting discussion on that episode was regarding opening the OP-1 source code, a feature that is often requested here. Basically, they said the OP-1 code was not structured for that and it would be too demanding on their side to manage the community contributions.

more interesting is if they hear our wishes and really will release new major firmware updates for both devices.

It also seemed that they recognize the need to output more than two channels on the op-z, and looking into enabling multichannel output. Also sample mgmt seems to be a topic.

I heard it is not possible to enable more than two output Channels, restrictions by the design of the microcontroller

That restriction is for analog outputs, based on the number of available codecs, but I think TE was talking about adding more USB streaming channels, or rather the implications of doing that.

1 Like

Could be possibly. But streaming additional channels via an additional module? I think they could make it possible over the standard usb-c connection, but I never saw TE never as a sophisticated multichannel audio developer like Elektron (Overbridge). I guess they bring something like the rumble module, .odd stuff bridging other media like projection or DMX , or even a radio fm transmitter for OB4…

hello operators!
tobias here. i’m new to this thread but i figure about time i join, if you don’t mind. let me know if you think this is a good thread for me to join or if you think i’d better make a new official one. before posting anything more i’ll read up on the comments and try to catch up. my goal is to involve the community as much as possible in the future of midnight operations and i’ll be happy to explore your ideas and suggestions. together i think we can do great things and find the best ways to best serve up all the community goodies. thanks for now and have a good one!

16 Likes

Welcome Tobias! Nice you join us here!

thanks pepe, been lurking in the early days but not spent much time recent years. also it’s been (and still is) a conscious choice for te to not interfere with or try to moderate the general conversations here. however, my current role allows me some flexibility and our ambition is to generally open up a bit more when possible, and the timing is right. not sure yet how this conversation should go but that’s where i open up for discussion. i would love to see (host) guests from all over the planet, in local timezones (“it’s always midnight somewhere” right?) and local languages, showcasing local community, showing off local flex all while keeping the vibe positive, inviting and inspirational. the #teoperator community is sooo incredibly diverse! i need help scouting. where better to turn to than the realms of the super users that is this forum. i bow, sit and listen. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that’s awesome! Unfortunately I had to stop adding the video links because somehow the edit feature disappeared after 30 days or something and I thought it’s a mess when just posting into the existing thread. :slight_smile:

it’s Great to have you with us, much love :heart:

– what are your favorite topics for the show?
– who are some of your favorite operators that you would love to see on the show?
– would YOU want to be on the show?

2 Likes