Mini synth collectors?

Wow, i'm with @KrisM on feeling pretty prude. Some of you guys got some awesome collections..

This is be mine..

2x Casio VL-1, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-5, OP-1, Monotron, Boss PC-2 percussion synth, Boss HC-2 Hand Clapper, Stylophone, Dentaku Ototo and a Gameboy MGB-001 with Nanoloop 1.7.

While on the subject of all things 'Mini' Anyone seen this?

http://miniorgan.com/

It's a pretty good compendium of small sound making craziness from way back!

Then I’m probably the most prude of them all =)

Op1
Mircobrute
Korg monotron

That Casio is a thing of beauty @Calicaux .Some of the best gnarly sounds ever.

@KrisM and @Defectus:

You might be a prudes but I guess that makes me a hoarder. Many of the keyboards I’ve mentioned, especially the Casio keyboards, I’ve owned since they first came out. I’ve had the MT-100 and the SK1 since 1986 (more or less). I’ve sold a few things but always regretted it afterwards so I pretty much hoard everything at this point.

Many of my keyboards such as the Casio HT-700 were purchased at my local Sam Ash on closeout when the prices dropped dramatically. At this point, the only reason I get rid of a keyboard is if it stops working altogether and I can’t repair it myself.

I really have to think twice when I purchase something. The Littlebits Synth Kit (as well as the Volcas) are at a price I consider “reasonable”. I still have to think long and hard before paying that kind of money. When I decide to buy something, it’s rarely an impulse buy. The OP1 is the only time I really splurged and only then because I was able to pay it off over a year’s time without interest by purchasing through Amazon and using one of their credit cards.

Some of you guys have amazing collections! I’ve kept downsizing and downsizing. Now I’m down to

Op-1
Nord Micromodular
Yamaha SU-10

Thanks, collectors, for posting. Nice, nice stuff. I didn’t see any Stylophone II’s in the list. Curious if anyone has tried one first hand. I love the Kraftwerk cover Cuckoo does with one plus his OP-1. I keep looking at them like I want to buy one… :slight_smile:

I haven’t found anyone who sells the Stylophone II in the US. I’m certain I could find them if I looked but none of the major music retailers seem to have them.

Only have the original (well, mostly original) Stylophone that was re-issued a few years ago.

Forgot to include on my list:
SK-1
LittleBits SynthKit expanded to 6 oscillators.

And an Op-1 and Oplab finally on their way!

^ Looks like they’re going to a good home.

@nya

The SU-10 is pretty great :slight_smile:

Drooling over here. Can someone upload pics?

@darenager , I had to double take,10 Monotribe?!! Woah!

@nya
The SU-10 is pretty great :)

It sure is, I think it will become sought after in the future because it sounds very nice (in a lo-fi SP1200 way) I just wish it had a bit more memory and polyphony.

@darenager , I had to double take,10 Monotribe?!! Woah!

I had 4 then won a silver one, then just accumulated some more when they popped up stupidly cheap on ebay as buy it now, they are very good when synced together, you can run them at different rates and do all sorts of analogue madness, most of them are modded in some way but I kept a few stock.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bmdc7m1IcAAZsi3.jpg:large

Holy shit! Looks like fun!

@sjdude - i have a Stylophone 2, and am very pleased with the rich and deep sounds that it generates. i used it for my “battle 28 - analog” entry. the warm bass sounds it creates were great OP-1 food.

i bought it direct, and it eventually made it’s way to my door.

i saw the Cuckoo Kraftwerk cover after my purchase, and was even that much more excited as i waited for delivery.

takes a minute to get used to it not having and glyphs on the device really for many of the functions, and obviously no saving of presets…but that is fine if you are just sampling (which is what i do mostly with it).

i have considering getting the KM QuNexus to control it via CV, but haven’t yet, since it looks like it could be a bit more fun to “play” using that, if you were looking for something in more of a live setting.

in terms of the main topic of this thread, i just like gear, small or large. i don’t discriminate based on size. i am bloated with GAS.

@darenager

If you ever want to let a monotribe loose, I may be interested. :slight_smile:

@Kites as ridiculous as it may sound I might even end up getting more, I love the damn things! I think there is a guy in Japan with more than me though, heh! I made an album using 4 when I first got them, and thought how cool it would be to have 16 all synced up together, you can have them play sequentially and I’d like to explore that aspect when I get the time to set them all up.

But I really recommend them especially at the used prices they can be had for since the Volcas came out.

I love my monotribe. I use it as a mini bass/lead machine. I wish it had its own dedicated keyboard though. although the soft pot can get some amazing vibrato!

edit- i need to find a tiny keyboard that will work with my miditribe!