Multichannel export for OP-Z? Meet "underbridge"!

Have you tried the offset slider on the connection page? Should be placed on the very left.

The more right this is set the more it will compendate for recording latency. This is ideally setup with a four to the floor beat and with the help of the wave analyser that is integrated.

Its essentially a little daw :smiley:

Oh have not played with that yet! Awesome I’ll offset it then! Amazing stuff man!

I made this initally as the waves on windows were to far to the right (late) while on linux they were exactly on point like no latency at all.

Took quite some time to implement this :slight_smile:

I believe so, I just played with it and found a right setting :slight_smile:

Without this option it would again be PITA.
Now its basically a 1min job to get the stems of everything.

One question on midi files - are punch in effects like filter movements recorded in the midi

1 Like

Cool,

Yeah thats a good point thats not implemented yet. At the moment it is recording the notes only. There should be cc messages for things like that too. I will look at that when I’m working on the next device implementation. (Octatrack)

Awesome really looking forward to it.

Just to motivate you a bit more :smiley: I don’t think recording incoming CC would be too much of a work (i’m not a full on developer, but i do know python and solidity), but the reward would be extreme. The benefit of this would not just be on punch in effects, but also step locks in ADSR envelopes. Almost all punch in effects use only the following Midi CCs :

• volume, panning, pitch
  • attack, decay, sustain, release
  • filter frequency, filter cutoff

By recording those into the midi file, user would be able to use that midi file in a totally different drum machine or sampler (for example abovementioned octatrack, or digitakt etc) and just adjust the CC numbers for those 9 things to the machine he is using it in.

One of the features in underbridge can be CC conversion - as incoming CC numbers from OPZ are always the same, user could just set CCs for the equipmet or machines where he would be using it.

Now that would be nuts.
To be honest I don’t know why more people are not talking about your app. I can’t understand how they finish off tracks without tracking them out. I’m talking from my own experience, I’ve released a dozen of 12’’ records, you need to track it and level it and effect it outside of OPZ if you want a quality vinyl pressing.

Nice that you are planning on doing Octatrack, i know people are asking for Overbridge a lot for it, but octatrack has enough of physical out’s not to make tracking a problem.

2 Likes

I’ll look into it and add it to the list. This is more of a bonus feature to me as specific automation curves would have a very different effect on the target device. And I would have to measure a lot of control points that might get us into trouble.

I’ll add more devices first, Octatrack has only 4 out afaik and MC101 and Novation machines have the same problem. I guess they would like something like this too. After I made the cycles I can now improve the user editor so everyone can add devices I haven´t thought of. Its a bit difficult because of the differences in concepts of machines. Octatrack doesnt have program change for example :smiley:

The resonance is quite good but not overwhelming currently. I have no idea how people mix and publish their tracks honestly. I almost sold the OP-Z because I couldn´t get a really nice Drum N Bass track out of it with multiple parts. Same for the cycles.

We will see. Feature request are always welcome.

4 Likes

How is the development for Mac coming along? Still on schedule for Feb 2023 release?

Yes, still looking good. Bpm problem is solved. I’m currently working on a new feature that might get shipped with this version already. Will see how it works out.

I have a mac now so its 100x easier to test on that platform :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Excellent news! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Release scheduled for today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

very much looking forward too this :orange_heart:

1 Like

Lol I left it open and forgot it, started blasting at 5 AM.

As someone preparing to start playing it live (I’m creating a template for LCXL), I really wish it was available on the iPad.

You may want to add the link to the video description.

Found a typo on the website:

1 Like

Haha ! :smiley:

I´m usually not a fan of these premiers but it fitted the overall Live theme so well.
Mobile devices are not on the list sadly. That would mostly be a new software from scratch and another device I need to buy.

Thank you for the hints!

Live record sounds great! Is that only on the pro version?

Do you know if it is poosible to record with underbridge at the same time as recording another usb audio input into audacity?

Yes its only in the pro version but you don’t need a serial to use it.

Parallel recording might work if you use two device say USB audio op-z and audacity for another usb interface or similar.

1 Like

Thanks. And another question: Does live mode record separate audio wavs for each of the op-z tracks, so one file for bass, one for lead etc ?

No thats technically not possible but you get a nice stereo wave or MP3.

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand. Well, hopefully one day…
By the way, if you want, I can send you a vector drawing of the OP-Z for using in the software. My friend is a vector artist, he drew the OP-Z last year and he’s okay with sharing it to you for free.

1 Like

This looks phenomenal so far! There’s one thing that would be nice to fix. The “patterns” and “bars” setting in multi only shows a maximum of 10 instead of 16+ for the OP-Z. Is there a way to record all 16 patterns and 16 bars or more. most of my songs are over the 10 limit. More bars is what I need most.

1 Like