NAMM 2017 - Winter NAMM

@JohnnyEgo and @virtual_flannel interesting! I also believe that the back part of the picture illustrates the new PO-sample since it is the same color etc. And that the center piece shows the OPZ input jacks at VF said. Maybe the yellow things on the side of the center piece illustrates the OPZ thing it has on its left? some kind of switch or something.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they announce a black OP1, but I have a feeling it’s just another one of their fun prototypes.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they announce a black OP1, but I have a feeling it's just another one of their fun prototypes.

Agreed and I believe that pic is old.

Image result for MEMS microphone

Image result for MEMS microphone

I don’t think disassembling the Instagram pic into separate components makes much sense. Why would they create some sort of puzzle to untangle all the little pieces of? It looks like a microphone chip. Those “yellow boxes” on the sides are connections for the chip: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_Flat_No-leads_package

If it were an input jack, wouldn’t that make the box and mic outline very large?

I found a picture of the opz dev board, maybe someone see something interesting there?

nice sleuthing sammy jams. i hope its A po SAMPLER. or some kind of portable recording device. Ive been in the market for a field recorder/ something to get decent quality audio when spur of the moment jams occur. add some TE flair and im HYPED. but i woulda been anyway. admitted TEam fanboy…

maybe its just a PO that you can record short vocals into and then add the PO effects to it clocked with the other PO’s seems like a simple design that would go well with a pocket operator rig.

My prediction:

PO sampler using a MEMS microphone for sound source (no line-in)

16 sample slots (sounds)
16 fx
16 modes (funct/+) button: ->, ->|, loop, <-, etc
A and B knobs will control Start and End point in write mode (0-127). Pitch and BPF with write mode off (bi-polar).
My prediction:

PO sampler using a MEMS microphone for sound source (no line-in)

16 sample slots (sounds)
16 fx
16 modes (funct/+) button: ->, ->|, loop, <-, etc
A and B knobs will control Start and End point in write mode (0-127). Pitch and BPF with write mode off (bi-polar).
That would be cool! Sounds plausible.

a granular sort of PO would be my favorite. I love just messing with start/end point on tape and in sampler on the Op1. get all sorts of interesting sounds.

a granular sort of PO would be my favorite. I love just messing with start/end point on tape and in sampler on the Op1. get all sorts of interesting sounds.

With my idea you can do granular ; )

Perhaps it’s the PO-Composer which was talked about, or a PO-Mixer.

Or perhaps the mic motif is just a stylistic way to announce that there’s going to be an Announcement :slight_smile:

CB

PO-BB (Beat Box) or PO-EL (Elvis) or PO-BBHW (Big Banana on Hawaii)

8- P

i has excite

i has excite

probably off base, but i would LOVE for them to make their version of an FX unit or a pedal for OP-1 and other synths. I like the FX in the OP-1 know they’d knock a stand alone FX unit out of the park!

probably off base, but i would LOVE for them to make their version of an FX unit or a pedal for OP-1 and other synths. I like the FX in the OP-1 know they'd knock a stand alone FX unit out of the park!

Always wished for that as well. With stereo of course : )

An FX unit :smiley: this should be crazy awesome !

An FX unit :D this should be crazy awesome !

+1 That would be awesome! Imagine a black aluminum TE stereo effect box…

An FX unit :D this should be crazy awesome !

+1 That would be awesome! Imagine a black aluminum TE stereo effect box…

They could do an entire line of effects units like the PO’s. Oh the possibilities.