New OP-1 Field šŸ˜®

Hmmm, not seeing where it says that?

1 Like

I checked this, I really wanted to buy this one since I expect it to be more protective than the other one, but I think because of the bigger size due to power switch, itā€™s not possible anymore. So I unwillingly bought the white one :frowning:

Oh interestingā€¦ it only says that on the desktop version of the site. Mobile version says nothing about whether it fits the field

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: thatā€™s weird indeed

It was a very well-made and nice case, but it certainly will not fit with the field with the new power switch. The main drawback of that case for me was that the zipper pouch on the back was so tight that you could hardly even fit a couple of cables in there comfortably. Much less anything else.

I really wanted to see a ā€œbehind op-1 fieldā€ blog post on the TE website now section. But it never came :frowning:

I really loved the design of the original op-1 case, the one that has been made by unit portables. But I was I think 17 back when it has launched and It wasnā€™t in my budget to buy one OP-1 and the case. Ever since Iā€™m waiting for someone to do something similar

1 Like

Has Unit Portables gone bust?

Seems they sold off their remaining stock a couple years ago

1 Like

I was looking to get another pouch that I think the original grey case came with but only found a handful online and they like half as wide so I didnā€™t bother. I agree with another poster, I have the more recent black case and the zipper pocket on its back is kind of pointless. Too snug to fit much of anything in there. TE seems to sacrifice utility for design.

2 Likes

I canā€™t find the sourceā€¦

Edit: I found it
Reddit

2 Likes

Itā€™s an iterative update over op-1, not really a new one. Like iPhone 6 to 6S. Still waiting for op-2 tho

This is an argument I have heard a few times and I honestly donā€™t get it. People say itā€™s just an iterative update and they want something new. Then they say we want an OP-2ā€¦but isnā€™t that the same thing?
(meaning you want the same thing as an OP-1, just a bit better)

Do you want something completely different, but just keep the OP name?
If so, why not get an OP-Z? Itā€™s very different from an OP-1, not iterativeā€¦but has OP in its name.

15 Likes

+1 to this.

1 Like

Well the guy from TE said that an Op-2 would be something else lol. Op1 is an op1 in their eyes. I do think they are working on something else that could satisfy the people that want an ā€˜Op-2ā€™. I think it will be like if op1f and OP-Z had a child or like if TE made their own version of an elektron flagshipā€¦ deep sequencing capabilities etc.

Iā€™m uploading a quick first impressions that answers some of the questions Iā€™ve seen online.
Iā€™ll do a proper one in a few days when Iā€™ve had a real go of it on the weekend

5 Likes

The question is thoughā€¦what will people accept as the OP-2?
If it is completely different, is it still an OP-2?
If it is the same but better, itā€™s the OP-1 field.

Maybe the OP-Z is.already an OP-2 (2=Z)

On another note, I canā€™t really imagine them combining the 2 devices in one mega-OP.
Although that would be really nice!

My wild speculations for new products:

• more stuff focussed on the field series
  • possibly OP-Z field
  • perhaps another headset
  • maybe a portable recorder with nice mic, and moving (fake) reels
  • some type of FX unit
2 Likes

Yeah, I second the recorder idea. Makes sense for the range.

1 Like

A portable field recorder/mic with moving ob-4 tape reels has been my dream TE product for years!

I really think something like that will happen in this field series actually

2 Likes