New OP-1 Field 😮

Chances of TE adding to the field series at NAMM this week? I’m guessing fairly high.

4 Likes

That’s how they gettin us. Get our GAS stoked and release new products before we even get the last one we ordered from them so we buy them allllllll

2 Likes

It’s all about desire…

2 Likes

I don’t think TE is going to NAMM? Don’t see them on the list

Look for the white van at the parking lot…

4 Likes

It’s the same one they use to disappear TE fans, spirit them to a local wooded area, turn them upside down by their ankles, and shake the $2,000 out of them.

2 Likes

Y’all really think they have another field member waiting in the wings? I would absolutely love that, but it seems so soon! Have they ever launched that many products in such close succession?

1 Like

regarding this image… there seems to be a (yet unannounced) big field bag that seems to fit the OB-4. Maybe an OB-4 field is in the works?

1 Like

I don’t think so. There is a white version in the works (image from superbooth). This will fit better in the field line up then the other colors.

1 Like

Comparison of OG and Field sounds:

new os release just landed:

5 Likes

@MichaalHell

Do you know when TE will release the drum kit app? I have read somewhere that they are working on a application to create druk patches for the new OP-1 Field including the A/B section.

You also know if it will be a IOS APP?

2 Likes

Interesting what this can do :thinking::fire:

1 Like

Midi.

3 Likes

Hi Y’all!

I have been an early adopter of the OP-1 when it first came out: got it shipped from TE during the first month! I loved the device but two things frustrated me to no end: the constant noise (especially with the USB power plugged in), AND inability to have it meaningfully integrated with my extensive modular studio (back in the beginning I had the OP-Lab, which was just insanely unreliable, and felt like it was constantly broken). I sold my OP-1 after years of trying to “get over” these issues.

BUT:
Here we are: there is a new OP-1F, and I am now wondering if the two difficulties/frustrations have been addressed?..

SO:
My questions to those who have the OP-1F:

How is the noise-floor on the new device?
Can you hear the digital whining when the USB power is connected?

How about integration with modular environment?
Anyone here using it in that way?

I mainly need a consistent clock connection that can go both ways: having the OP-1F drive clock in modular, AND/OR the other way around: have the OP-1F be receiving clock from modular. There are a number of MIDI module options on the market, but am curious if folks have tested and find solid performance with specific modules that can talk to OP-1F reliably.

Anyway: this is my first post on this forum, but I used to be active on the old ohpeewon*com … it’s a strange feeling coming “back” to a DIFFERENT forum, about a DIFFERENT Op-1!

Any help, advice, recommendations or just thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated!

p.

4 Likes

Mine hasn’t arrived yet. However, I did see that the OP-1F has the same ‘disable charging via USB’ setting for when you are connected via USB to stop audio noise.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been answered before, but can the Op-1 field send USB audio to the Op-z? Would be nice to use the two together without the need for a mixer.

Thank you for the feedback.
That does not sound too encouraging though, if the “solution” is the same as with OP-1.
Though in all fairness i do not recall this being an option on the old one. Maybe it was implemented after I sold it? It’s been a while.

1 Like

The video of Mattias Holmgren I posted above suggests Field has much lower noise floor than the original and doesn’t need as much gain to get good signal out. I will be waiting for more reviews and impressions, though.

3 Likes

Nah it was there. Just tucked away. But a recent YT vid shows the Field has a very low sound floor. Didn’t test it while charging tho. But my understanding is that they’ve worked hard to create shielding against it, this time.

2 Likes