New OP-1 Field 😮

Hot damn! The UI pictures in the manual look gorgeous! Hopefully the firmware is hackable :thinking: Not sure if I’ll be dropping 2k for it though.

2 Likes

wonder if they will carry on supporting the OG?

1 Like

Chances of custom FW being able to bring some of the software changes to the OG?
The only thing I’d really love is that reverb FX…

2 Likes

I haven’t logged in here for aaaaaages, hello everybody! I cannot believe the news! Very exciting indeed!

7 Likes

Yeah me too, I’ve been interested for tx-6 but this… I insta bought it guys, it says allow up to 45 days for shipping I’m in the Netherlands so it must come here quickly after dispatches, I will be posting videos like instajuggler did for tx-6

4 Likes

Just checked, seems like the pattern sequencer is still only 16 steps. Seriously what the fuck :smiley: I feel like there’s so much lost potential…

1 Like

maybe that will be done in the OP-Z field,

I guess all they need now is something like Overbridge to use the OP-Z field, OP-1 field and TX-6 together - probably going to be called the field hub.

1 Like

So does the USB MIDI host mean this will now work better with other MIDI gear? Would I be able to plug a Digitakt in and have them sync over USB?

2 Likes

just grow up and use Endless and spend 5minutes and 7 attempts to punch in your 32-step pattern step by step

2 Likes

New features here are absolutely killer, but I can’t get over removing the bright colors from the UI… :(((((

(also the price, like if my 8yo op-1 just died I’d maybe start to consider it but I would hate it)

5 Likes

will the OG model be discontinued now?

1 Like

Ty! How’d you come across this?

Wow, sick! I don’t know what to say, other than, cool thing. But Price 2k??
I really hope Teenage Engineering will update the OG OP-1 with some great features of the new one.
Don’t know what to think…
Well it makes sense for the hole TE Eco System now, since it has USB-C.

1 Like

There’s already a flood of used OG OP-1s in the classifieds… :joy:

I think the OG op-1 will disappear

If they keep it, It will cannibalize the sales of the new one

And for a little company like T.E, it doesnt make sense to keep a double after-sale logic

1 Like

I’m afraid the reverb might be too CPU-hungry for the older model.

Insta-bought. Now I can read about what I just ordered :wink:

5 Likes

I can’t see that. If you are already spending 1,400, going an extra 600 (for all the extra feature) is a no-brainer. If they (which they should do) reduce the OG-1 to £1,000 the price gap would give people concern. It’s shitloads of money either way. I can see the op-z field being 1,000. And then with the mixer added in, all in one bag…gulp…

Looks like it is back-ordered a bit…

NOTE: if your order contains OP–1 field: please allow up to 45 days for your order to ship. we sincerely apologize for this delay which is due to logistic and warehouse issues that are beyond our control. you will receive a tracking number as soon as your OP-1 field leaves our warehouse.

1 Like

I ordered too. Didn’t say 45 days wait on the homepage though. Oh well.

Congratulations on your purchase!

1 Like