New OP-1 Field 😮

The only thing I was ever curious about was the ability to move a knob with one finger or two easily with one hand for a little performance flexibility. Otherwise, I was always suspect of the accessories (other than the antenna)

Hey sorry for the late reply. I just foubd the workaround for it by sampling instruments I want on my op-1f in my daw first then exporting the audio from the daw with the appropriate file type and length that they require, I think samples need to be AIFF and like around 8 seconds long? Something like that. Then I just connect my op-1f to my laptop and click and drag the AIFF files onto my snapshot folder on the OP-1 hard drive. And that works just fine.

Hi all,
Small aesthetic question. I noticed that depending on the brightness settings of the screen there are slightly lighter areas on the edges. It’s quite slight and doesn’t affect the display at all. It’s mostly when I increase the brightness above 80.I feel like it diminishes after a while. Is this due to the LCD technology of the screen?
I was wondering if you have this too. Thanks for your answers

Same here.

1 Like

I have the same “issue”. My guess is it’s ips backlight bleed, though I don’t know if the screen is ips tech.

1 Like

@kohlhofer @Austin Thank you for your feedback. I feel reassured though having bought the op1F second hand.

I did a factory reset and it clearly improved my little screen brightness issue on the edges. There is a better distribution of the brightness.

So I’m on the latest OP-1 Field firmware and I feel like the click at the end of the loop is never gonna work properly.

Anyone know what I can do to fix that?

It’s frustrating that it seems it’s impossible to get a clean loop.

Try using the fade function.

1 Like

There is no fade function on the Tape itself that I know of. I’m speaking of the Loop clicking at the end before it repeats. I think it’s probably something I did wrong.

Just getting to grips with my first OP1 experience.

Has anyone noticed the following? When changing a preset on a synth - i can slowly turn the yellow pot but the preset selection does not change until the fourth click, then if I go in the opposite direction it will change with the first click, then go back to changing every four clicks.

cheers.

1 Like

Maybe you have to much reverb at the end of the loop

That’s a problem then because I’m using stock sounds so it should be no issue.

1 Like

Yes. A lot of practice will work I think.

1 Like

It seems to work better when you set the loop prior to recording. If I play without the loop preset then it’s more challenging to create it without the pop and click. That’s just my experience.

1 Like

I think that is just how it works. Mine does the same.

1 Like

Does this still work the same on the op-1 field as it did on the go-1; when I copy my albums over to the computer, I delete those files on the op-1 and it will build new blank files once I eject the op-1 from the computer, correct?

The click happens because the sound is suddenly cut off. Imagine a singer in the middle of a long note and you just slap your hand over their mouth. That’s gonna make a sound :slight_smile:

At the end of the bar, there may be the decay portion of the sound, or reverb / delay tails and so on. Sound that continues past the end. It’s that being chopped off that causes the click, when it loops back to the start.

One way around this is to set the loop points prior to recording, and then towards the end of the bar stop playing or stop the sequencer but allow the tape to continue recording - it will loop back to the start and keep recording there, merging the reverb tails from the end with the start. This should create a perfectly clean loop.

If you don’t want a loop, have loop off and record past the end of the bar when you stop playing. You can then record a new part on top, and it will merge the new audio with the reverb tails from the last bit.

If you had recorded that way, say on track one, you could change you mind and chop it at the end of the bar and lift the ‘reverb tails’ portion at the end and paste it onto the start of another track. You could resample or leave it there - but this should get rid of the click anyway.

Just experiment a bit with simple obvious examples.

One thing I like to do is have a way way longer loop, when I want to record in just the middle, and when that bit comes up when playing, hold record just before, then play my notes while holding record, want for the notes to die away, then release record. Not all parts have to be totally sync’d and locked to the grid so to speak, mostly only really drums and stuff.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wow thank you. Yeah I found out if I set the loop prior it works really cleanly. So I use that for now to I can explore some more.

Thank you again,
BJ

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad it helped :slight_smile:

1 Like