New OP-1 lemur sequencer

that’s odd @karbonckel

Did you set midi channel on the OP-1 for channel 2?
Do you have sound when playing on the op1 itself?
Check that the op1 interface (in lemur) is set for drum and not synth (the synth mode is not finished yet).
Let me know if this helps
that's odd @karbonckel
Did you set midi channel on the OP-1 for channel 2?
Do you have sound when playing on the op1 itself?
Check that the op1 interface (in lemur) is set for drum and not synth (the synth mode is not finished yet).
Let me know if this helps

Hey thanks for your reply.

Yes.
Yes.
It is.

:frowning:

Damn, that’s strange! @karbonckel
All I can think of is that there’s some kind of filter in your setup that’s taking out midi notes. Do you have a way of monitoring it?
It seems to be working for other people, so it must be somewhere in your chain. Try restarting the app is all I can think of now.

heureka!

@karbonckel
The sequencer is set to lemur MIDI 1 and the CC to lemur MIDI 0. My bad!
A vers. 1.1 is almost done and all output is now on lemur MIDI 0.
Will post asap.
Also @jooga1972 I’ve added increment and decrement buttons. +1 and -1 will also round the bpm to whole integers

1.1 just uploaded

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/568/

New in 1.1
- Output bug fix
- tempo increment and decrement buttons
1.1 just uploaded

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/568/

New in 1.1
- Output bug fix
- tempo increment and decrement buttons

Wow, that’s what I call a fast response to customers’ requirements! :slight_smile: Will try the new version later today.

Awesome Saucem @Clawsome !

Played around a little with the new sequencer and now it works fine. Love the modulation options via the OP1’s MIDI LFO + sequencing drums is totally cool. Hope to have the sequencer’s synth module up and running soon. Great stuff @Clawsome, thanks for making this happen. :slight_smile:

Thank’s to everyone who commented.

I’m excited to do the 2.0 in which the copy feature will be a helpful tool. We’ve all been longing to store sequencer patterns on the OP-1 itself, but since this is not (yet) possible it would be nice to use something as lemur for this (also to a great extend because it allows for velocity).
Any ideas for the 2.0 would be greatly appreciated, so I’d like to open up for that on this thread by adding my own:
Storing capabilities AND naming of
patterns (including velocity settings)
and/or
programs(i.e. the set of sounds we choose to sequence).
and/or
sequenced CC

More to come :slight_smile:

Feature proposals/requests:

• +1 for saving/storing sequences and settings;
  • solo / mute individual lines in sequencer.

Love the thing already but would be even happier with all of the above. :slight_smile:

@clawsome Its been a while since I’ve used Lemur and my setup has changed since. I see the midi settings in lemur, but no mention of CC settings you’ve mentioned above.
I
To make things complex this is how I setup My rig with an iTrack Dock and iPad Air:

Apps- Cubasis (DAW)

OP-1 --> USB HUB —> iconnectmidi --> itrack dock USB

• OP-1 headphone output --> 1/4" instrument input itrack dock USB (allows you to record Midi notes and Audio simultaneously through Cubasis App)

I can run Midibridge if I need too.

Thanks!

NM I got it, now I’ve just got to document it step by step…

@Kites everything is set to lemur MIDI 0, channel 2. Control channels for sequenced CC is 1 through 4. Lemur is not set to receive any midi only to send midi. Does that make any sense in accordance to your question?
Off course the interface can be set to receive midi information, like start/stop, master/ slave clock and so on.
But that takes quite a bit of programming. If this is something you’d like to be able to do, make a request for it here. Cheers :slight_smile:

@Clawsome Request: Yes please! It would be tops and greatly appreciated if you made it possible for me to slave to Cubasis and it’s transport controls.

Also, I’m color deficient and it’s difficult for me to see If I’ve programmed anything or not on the sequencer. Is it possible to make the sequencer more monochromatic or in gray tones with apparent contrast? Hehe, just a disability request, but please don’t bend over backwards :slight_smile:

Here’s a little test with your sequencer processed through a Strymon Deco pedal:

Clawsome's Lemur OP-1_Sequencer_test by cerfs-volants | Cerfs Volants | Free Listening on SoundCloud

FInally managed to give it a quick go today, really digging it!!

+1 for making the sequencer grid more color-blind friendly (making the cells without beats darker, mainly).

Also, if I’m selecting empty cells on a row that’s not currenty active, they go black, that’s kinda weird. But I’d prefer them to be black by default actually. Writing this in a hurry, will report back after I’ve had more time to jam with it…

Great work @Clawsome!

just a quick comment before racing off to that time stealing place they call work:

Thank’s a whole bunch to @Kites for that cool test run. Great stuff!
and thank’s to everyone who contributed to this thread.
My girl friend, who is a graphic designer, has offered some help on making the sequencer easier to use for color blind people. So I’ll look into that. custom coloring /grayscale isn’t hard to implement.

thanks for this looking forward!

Had a nice jam with it last night, it’s really sweet. =) Really cool if you have time to add more features @Clawsome!

+1 what @jooga1972 said, solos/mutes would be great. I guess the select row buttons on the right could somehow be used for this?
Had a nice jam with it last night, it's really sweet. =) Really cool if you have time to add more features @Clawsome!

+1 what @jooga1972 said, solos/mutes would be great. I guess the select row buttons on the right could somehow be used for this?

@vehka right on! That is exactly the idea! Don’t when I have time to implement all these ideas and wishes though. Could take a couple of weeks or maybe a little more. Glad you had fun with it :slight_smile:

No worries, it’s already great for jamming as it is!