New OP-Z Footage!

Bax music store, i have pre-order. Received a new update today. week 31 for availability.

How did you preorder it? Through the Bax website? Can’t see no OP-Z there… Unless it’s a specific local website? I tried on the french and UK versions…

It’s on the Dutch website. There’s no cost but it says it should arive within 21 weeks.

OK thanks :slight_smile:

Maybe they rendered the OP-Z before they checked on parts availability (or even price). I would assume the beta is final hardware with beta software. The cost of tooling and assembly and all that probably make it quite difficult to produce a beta-only version of the hardware. But then again, maybe that’s what drove the cost up :slight_smile:

lol

Cuckoo Synth Investigation

Oh shiiiiiiiiiii ahahahaha

enhance!

Super troopers! XD

I found this on some instagram the other day :

teenage-engineering-op-z-12
(Hi, I mostly lurk in here)

Nice find!

yoooooo the holes are still there!!! i detectived that shit from cuckoo’s video frame by frame… see where his index finger is sticking out from underneath the unit… and then see the reflection in the mirror where it covers up one of the holes on the back of the unit… nowhere near the 4 buttons on the left hand side!!!

Sooo thin! Love the button “pimples” so you can feel which is which. I’d expect its a small run production sample made for validation, which would mean not much is likely to change, unless something is drastically wrong.

Looks like a regular P2 connector…

i would think with the timeline of having the public beta units out now, they would theoretically be on track for shipping at the end of april? for sure they’ve done an internal beta far earlier than releasing units publicly, and the units out there now are to squash minor bugs, not rewrite the entire thing? my point being that some people were worrying about delayed delivery when they saw the beta was live “just now.” but i think its actually a good sign we are seeing videos pop up here and there of units in the wild… i think it means they are shipping sooner than later?

@instantjuggler - I pretty much agree. I think this is more a case of hardware validation/software feature cut-off, so that it could go into mass production. I think end of April launch could happen, although I’m not sure about shipping.

I’m hoping for more in-depth audio/video footage before the end of april. So curious!

I think the difference between the old render/photo and the current beta device is the yellow ports are now gray and flush with the back, where the render had them slightly raised. I’d bet the hardware is final, and the beta right now is firmware testing. I doubt they’d be able to produce assemble package and ship in 1-2 months so that the vendors have them ready by may1 (if that’s the actual date).

Also about the pricing leak backlash, is it true that some vendors have had the product pulled? Has there been any update, change to the $500 price that was previously “leaked”?

@zyrixian the price i had quoted from sweet water was $600…

I think the difference between the old render/photo and the current beta device is the yellow ports are now gray and flush with the back, where the render had them slightly raised.

Yeah this looks to be the case. I’d love it if they removed that volume control/power switch that sticks out though; it looks like it’d be the first thing to break! Maybe I’ll sand mine down or cut the tag off it when I get mine, haha.

I’ve already paid for my pre-order. No gaurantee on date though. Randomly found an opZ buyer group on Facebook.

I think the difference between the old render/photo and the current beta device is the yellow ports are now gray and flush with the back, where the render had them slightly raised.

Yeah this looks to be the case. I’d love it if they removed that volume control/power switch that sticks out though; it looks like it’d be the first thing to break! Maybe I’ll sand mine down or cut the tag off it when I get mine, haha.

A better approach with regard to resale might be to 3D print a low profile replacement.

CB

yoooooo the holes are still there!!!
Speedholes maybe? Or is this for controlling DMX lights?

More prototypes

Interesting!

The uper seems to be the old prototype. And the lower is the new prototype. Isn’ it?