OP-1 Battle #74: the Fake Battle

Really nice take! Only 5 hours, wow!

BTW, there’s also a good way to get an acoustic bass with DNA.

Working on mine now. It will be done soon.

So instead of sampling Miles Davis and getting sued, I decided to just play my version of "So What’ with electric guitar and bass recorded into the OP-1. Drums are stock presets and “horns” are the digital synth and another one I can’t remember but, I blended them on one track just like the rules said. I recorded this straight onto the OP-1 Album and did no post processing. This is 100% OP-1.

2 Likes

ok, coming in under the wire here (it’s still the 22nd if i didn’t go to bed yet from the time i woke up on Saturday, right?)

i was far enough along that even if you choose that i’m too “late” to enter, i wanted to finish. Misty is one of my wife’s favorite jazz standards, so this one is in honor of her.

Cheers,
psound74

1 Like

it’s still the 22nd if i didn’t go to bed yet from the time i woke up on Saturday, right

Of course it is!

I didn’t specify a timezone, so while it’s midday on Sunday for me, on the New Zealand island of Niue it’s still 23.45 on Saturday. That gives a 15 minute window for any last minute entries and/or extension requests from the Pacific islands.

1 Like

It’s now well and truly Sunday all around the world! Let’s call the battle closed as I’ve not heard any more submissions or intentions.

I can see 6 entries:

• psound74 - Misty
  • joeyfivecents - So What
  • rocksoul - All the Tings You Are
  • mixrasta - Raindrops
  • KLN - Basic Impro
  • KLN - Introducing.

And an honorary OP-Z entry:

• FunkyJunky - Something from Ála Mode

I will have the voting thread up this evening and run voting for a week.

Many thanks everyone for participating!

2 Likes

Go forth and vote! OP-1 Battle #74: the Fake Battle -- VOTING

1 Like