OP-1 Battle #75: Spirit of Radio

big dog and a tree. half samples from radio, and half vinyl record via FM transmitter…(with a couple kicks and snares also via FM).

2 Likes

ok, so, since that post 4h ago. um. I made some kinda remix? this one has a lot more Radio. like, weird.

is this too many entries yet? lol

(edit 21 hours later: full disclosure, I re-recorded this with a slight edit, and updated my Soundcloud post. but with all of 8 listens the track has had, I am actually just doing the future world a favor.)

6 Likes

I love the sound of radio samples and i’m really happy I got time to make an entry!

All samples from the Galician and Spanish radio. We have an entire Catholic radio station that seems to provide 24 hour Mass, for example. That came in handy along with the OP-1’s Arpeggiator.

I’m hearing some great entries for this battle, props to @joeyfivecents for organising!

6 Likes

Nah, you’re good!

ok. thanks.

like, um. here’s another radio dream? good thing I recorded. my mistake. I’m starting to battle my inner self. maybe that’s a good thing?

4 Likes

OK, never entered twice in a battle i could have…until now.

i present: “hey”

3 Likes

So I’m counting 15 entries so far (or is it 14? Someone correct me if I’m wrong). Is that a record for most entries in a Battle? Awesome job everyone. 3 more days if you haven’t gotten yours in yet.

1 Like

What a nice idea for a battle.
Will try to upload an entry until tomorrow! Have been offline for a while now and happy to see that battles are still her :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do it!

If anyone needs an extension on the deadline, let me know. Otherwise, I’m gonna start compiling the playlist and poll tomorrow. Thank you for all the submissions. This is shaping up into an epic battle.

Lucky as I am they broadcasted live from Tomorrowland yesterday evening :partying_face:
Pretty much low-end-focused…

The voice is Lewis Hamilton thanking his team. He was in the news after winning something I guess.

Thanks for that fun battle!

3 Likes

am I too the late? is it the Saturday somewhere?

i’m in SF, and hope you enjoy this the intimate of the sound. where were you when you heard about the it?

1 Like

Last minute … Still feels like Saturday. Here’s a loopy techno smasher… don’t take it too serious.

Everything sampled from radio.
Drum loop from Dr. Alban’s “It’s My Life”, but heavily filtered and altered using NITRO.
German voice (Translation: “so … this is not meant seriously, that is perfectly clear.”) stretched with PHONE effects.
Jazz drum roll cut up in drum sampler, randomised with ENDLESS sequencer, filtered with NITRO using the RANDOM LFO.

2 Likes

Y’all are good. I’m closing it now.

The voting thread is now live. Polls close next Sunday at this time. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

i have been listening to your track “lazarus” for a long time. i really like the vibe if your track.
but every time i was listing to it i was feeling like im listening to something familiar… could not put my finger on it. but after 2 weeks of listening i have finally remembered, that is sounds like this tune :

did you use a sample from it ? or just a coincidence of inspiration ?
i dont mean it as critic, i like your track, so im just wandering. :pray:

Oh man, I’m glad you dig the song. I’ve never actually heard that yellow before. It definitely has a similar percussion element and an uplifting vocal element though. All the instruments I sampled were from a jazz station and the “lazarus” part is from a christian rock station (no shortage of those). The only song I knew was a Vulfpeck song (I think 1612) that I snagged the bass sample from. It’s very possible we both sampled the same percussion element. It’s a super cool song!!

2 Likes

great sampling! those christian radio stations are really rocking out there :metal:

simply phenomenal

i love this track

1 Like