OP-1 Blog

“Just joined up , bought my OP-1 last Friday ! had some pretty cool sounds out of it so far”

Welcome to the family! I see an OP-1 and Push. The two most aesthetically designed instruments ever, in my mind.

Gottferdummmme this is the 10th time I reboot this bloody computer, I had forgotten how sickening Windows can be.

I hope this tempers your frustration a bit or at least gives you some company: After a mysterious inability to download and install any of Windows 8’s mandatory updates for a couple years, I’ve been assaulted by endless error messages when trying to remedy it and yet still nagged perennially to update. I finally decided today to restore the system.

I went with the Refresh option. Error message. Tells me to put in a Windows 8 disc. Error message. So then I do the last thing anyone wants to do: Reset (everything is wiped; back to factory state.) I choose Reset. Error message. Tells me to put in a Windows 8 disc. Error message.

I didn’t realize you could still receive error messages when you choose the nuclear option. If I toss it in the garbage, will I still get an error message?

It was $130 to have it overnighted @spacetravelmadeeasy and that was assuming the seller got it out that day, and I forgot, also if it was a brand new one vs the store demo I got

It sounds better slow imo

https://twitter.com/Sneakyness/status/624898786783924225
https://twitter.com/Sneakyness/status/624898959643840512

@KrisM - ALWAYS pay the little extra for next day delivery if it's available. It's so much more worth it to get things ASAP! ;)

it was going to be $130 more, and another $130 on top of the used price, so $260 more and that assumes they shipped it that day. That wasn’t worth the week, and still isn’t to me. But $1370 for a like-new (store demo, very clean), and fresh warranty AK is good enough :slight_smile:

This thing a guy sells on eBay called the Underbridge that bolts underneath the exposed keys was $30 piece of mind and looks nice, too.

20% off at cheapmonday.com
https://instagram.com/p/5o_Lo9q66a/

It would be nice if the most recent posts to a thread showed up first… It’s time consuming having to always click to the last page of every thread to see what’s new.

It would be nice if the most recent posts to a thread showed up first... It's time consuming having to always click to the last page of every thread to see what's new.

It does that by default–you’ll be brought to the last post you saw in a thread.

Playing with the set of Pocket Operators for a couple of months now, I’ve gotten comfortable enough to use them without ever looking at the reference. It just flows and feels intuitive.

Here’s a recent noodle: https://vid.me/AN1p

PS: Is it possible to include embedded videos on this forum from sites other than youtube?

Undertook the Op-1 study task in a special place…

Using the inspiration of the area to learn and create some tuneage. I can’t wait to get the Op-1 out again. Flame On! The Starbucks is nestled in the bottom left corner of Nissan Headquarters, Yokohama and its sublime!

I just created vinyl crackle with my modular :smiley: MicroBrute Pitch to Rubicon, Quantum Rainbow’s grey noise to Rubicon’s hard sync input, Rubicon’s sine out to Microbrute, set to hpf and adjust cutoff, play lower octave and it sounds perfect.

At the airport. Australia, I will be in you soon. Of course with my trusty travelling sidekick the OP-1.

Spent six minutes walking around this audio installation recording it and the airport ambience.

Back to the office after some holidays…Just forgot my OP-1 :frowning:

Just found some nice acrylic paint !

InstagramCapture_bbdf0e36-14b4-4ef1-9030-2b9a35c43f13

Molotow, great marker if you´re into tags like me!

Sorry for clogging up the thread with all those photos :confused:

I didn’t realise that I had posted the photos up twice.

Anyways… I am in a really cool place and I’ve brought my Op-1 along for the ride! I love bringing this thing places with me, turning it on, and welcoming the inspiration from my surroundings whether it is a dark and dingy corner in a café downtown or a bench on top of the hill.

Molotow, great marker if you´re into tags like me!

I used to a little ^^
I’m drawing a bit more these days :slight_smile:

@HisMostDarxxxellent Do you live in Japan ?

@quarantequatre you’re right!
I am living in the land of the rising sun and have been for a little over 2 years.
:slight_smile:
What makes you ask? :slight_smile:

@HisMostDarxxxellent Cool ! Wat makes me ask ? People on the pics ;). And the Hawaïian Japanese on the second picture, is simply priceless :smiley: