OP-1 doesn't turn on

Same problem here. My 2016 OP-1 didn’t turn on. I let in plugged into a charger for 24 hours, turned it on, and it worked fine. As I needed to leave I turned it off and bummer, it doesn’t turn on a few days later. I’ve let it plugged in to power for another day. This morning, I unplugged it, doesn’t turn on. I plugged it back, all the leds lit up (so the battery must be full) for a second, but no dice. I tried plugging it, unplugging it, tried different chargers and a computer, turning it on plugged or unplugged, no dice. It’s completely dead.

I use it quite rarely. It’s as good as brand new, really. I’ve never ever moved it around, it’s always at home, stored in its original box. I don’t understand how such an expensive piece of hardware can fail like this.

Finally I’ve tried again by using the Com+power while connected to PC, and it worked. I updated the system, turned it back on, looks fine so far. Apparently battery is full. I dread turning it on again…

The fact that a FW reinstall fixes the power on issue seems to indicate that the flash memory is getting corrupted. This should not usually happen and may indicate a fault part.

It’s been working fine so far. I’ve let it plugged in to my computer, though, just in case, so that it’s in charge more often instead of in its box. Plus I’ve installed it atop my D-50, so that I use it more because it’s always at hand :slight_smile: