OP-1 Field Defective Units

I have to line myself up in the defective OP-1f que…

My right output volume is much lower than the left.
I guess that means a roundtrip to Sweden.

2 Likes

Noooooo!!! I was enjoying your videos, I hope they don’t keep you waiting long

1 Like

thank you…I hope for a quick turnaround too :wink:

1 Like

Mine arrived this morning from modularsquare in Paris

It’s so beautiful and sounds so good

However the battery is loose though and shuffling around inside :cry:

The orange knob is also a bit out of line with the others and several of the piano keys are a bit wonky

I could live with the knobs and keys as they seem to function well so far

But I’ll have to send it back over the battery I’m afraid :unamused:

1 Like

I’m getting my replacement this week. RMA was pretty fast. :crossed_fingers:hopefully this new one isn’t a stinker

I´ve the same issue, after 10 days of playing, now one key act like in your case. Did you send the unit back?

Finally decided to return my unit, as that overly sensitive switch was too annoying.
TE support was quite quick and helpful in that regard - instead of sending just another unit fresh from the warehouse shelf i asked them for checking a new machine in terms of all hardware issues known so far before shipping. Which they did apparently: my replacement unit arrived yesterday and seems to be flawless hardware wise… at least for now. The new unit even fixed an issue i did quite overlook on the faulty one - when turning the volume pot down to zero, there still was sound over the speaker on that one whereas the speaker in my replacement is dead silent with volume turned all the way down.

6 Likes

Did you buy direct from TE or from a dealer

Just curious because TE told me to contact the dealer and that all RMA will go through them and not TE directly

I bought directly from TE. But they are right telling you to contact the dealer - according to EU warranty law it’s always the dealer who is responsible for handling warranty claims. Manufacturers selling both direct and over a dealer network only handle warranty claims with direct customers or dealers but never with end customers who bought from dealers. It’s a common missconception especially when someone buys goods that have been laying around in a dealers shelf for a really long time - in this case the warranty period may be expired between dealer and manufacturer but for the end customer it starts with buying from the dealer first… with the latter in charge of handling all warranty issues that may occur hereinafter. Years ago i was working in the return management department of a big musicial instrument manufacturer in germany where i had to explain this to countless people, just in case you’re asking yourself. :wink:

5 Likes

Regarding my new replacement unit: seems to be a hit and miss with the field’s keys - yesterday evening i got one key stuck while playing through the units preset patches. Although only temporarily as it released upon a second press, but that doesn’t speak for the overall quality of the mechanical structure. The keys on my ten year old OP-1 are a bit more clicky but i never had such issues with them. Will have an eye on that hoping it doesn’t get worse…

1 Like

No i kept it. I emailed TE and they sent a replacement Key (b key) but i havent used it. Its not a big deal i guess

Yes I had this issue too, ultra light touch in the off position would turn the unit on. Used it for a couple weeks and then sent it to the reseller for a replacement, fingers crossed my next one will be decent!

I also have the moving battery inside. Bought from thomann, thinking of sending it back. Also some keys got stuck but quickly stopped doing that after a couple of hours of use.

1 Like

update - I had the dodgy power switch issue AND loose battery (at least, I could feel something physically moving inside when I tipped the device).So I sent back for a replacement. I bought from dv247 in the UK. It took about a 10 days turn around and I think this one looks good so far. Power switch works properly and nothing noticeably loose…

1 Like

Using a decksaver with the unit portables case- took my field out to update the firmware and… Cracked encoder??? How, why?

ouch! i don’t see how it could happen, the decksaver doesn’t touch the knobs, so it couldn’t be force…

have you reached out to TE? maybe they’ll send you a new orange knob?

3 Likes

My battery or something inside was loose too, but it stopped. And what to do now? Should I return it or wait? It looks like a fairly common problem. This is my second unit, I am frustrated but it’s a phenomenal device. I really love it, and I have to part with it again?

2 Likes

get it fixed now. You’ll only kick yourself when it dislodges outside of your warranty period.

6 Likes

Yeah i hear a lot of people with this issue incl me. And a lot saying it will fix itself. I send it back for a replacement. I got my third one and it is perfect!

2 Likes

They offered me that they could do inspections if I wanted, before shipping.

4 Likes