OP-1 Field Defective Units

read this thread, turned over the field and…the battery is loose. :frowning:
RMA is the only solution!?

I just got my field back from repair under warranty… and it’s gut a scuff on the bottom of the case and a dent in the plastic where they used a tool to release the bottom.

Everything was fixed (loose battery and audio out problems), but not impressed with the damage that was done to the device to get it fixed.

1 Like

I rather have a loose batterty.

I can’t believe they designed a product which gets damaged on tear down, I want to believe the guy who did the job did so while non-stop drinking okinawa-type clear lager.

1 Like

I just got my field today. I updated the firmware and played with it for less than a hour but now it won’t turn OFF. I flip the power switch up and down but it won’t turn off. Has anyone else experienced this?

i haven’t had a problem with it turning off, but i have had a problem with it turning on!!! unresponsive for 24 hours. i sent the unit in for evaluation, but support also suggested at first that it might be a broken power switch. i have no idea what your unit is doing, but intuitively it kind of feels like it might be kind of the same thing i had but in reverse… and if that’s the case, it might be your power switch. they suggested to try gently pressing in the switch as you flip it, like the connection there could be messed up or something they have seen before. in any case, if its the switch or whatever else, obviously they need to replace the unit!

Thanks @instantjuggler! I tried gently pressing the switch in while turning off but no luck. It still won’t power down. It’s been on all night! I’ve reached out to TE and the reseller here in Canada. I’m hoping to get this unit swapped out. Cheers!

Line out just broke on mine. Keeps crackling and popping and whatnot. Basically makes the Field useless now except for when using the internal speakers.

pain and suffering!!! you still have it under warranty???

Impossible not to, considering that the Field hasn’t been out for even a year yet :slight_smile:

Though it’s not actually mine, but on loan from TE, due to me reviewing it and they haven’t asked it back yet (despite my wondering when they want it back).

So I’m not sure if I’m in trouble here or not :smiley:

Apparently, this is a not entirely unknown though not very common issue. The TX-6 has this, too.

I suppose I need to reach out to them and see how to deal with this, and inform my press contact at TE that the unit on loan, broke down on me.

It has been half a year since the last issue report here. Does it mean the later product series are less faulty? Can anybody share some experience with the OP-1F purchased recently? Still loose batteries or something?

just got mine a week ago, feels super solid, no loose batteries or rattling.

I’ve had mine about a month. Everything seems to be working as it should.

Got mine 3 weeks ago. Everything looks good…… so far.

Keys are feeling a little loose/rattling when not pressed in the center though.

1 Like

I can’t believe the amount of QC issues there are with the new OP-1F. For the premium price, everything should be top notch. Pretty crappy things such as the knobs cracking plus all the other stuff. The quality of build just doesn’t compare to some other synths in that price range. DSI for example have amazing build quality with the support to boot which is the other thing that scares me about the OP-1F… TE customer support is absolutely woeful.

1 Like

to be fair, for me my experience of TE customer support has been great. they have always been super fast to answer and also always taken care of my problems for me. for sure there shouldn’t be problems in the first place though. and also i have certainly heard of other experiences with TE support. i just wanted to add my experiences here, and i have to say they have done a very excellent job of customer service for me.

3 Likes

Well I’m glad someone has had a good experience at least. Mine was terrible and I’ve read of others with similar experiences. Thanks for some positive feedback though!

1 Like

Same here, for now.
Always there with a great answer. Trying to find solutions. Even tho I did not purchased on their website.
For me and for now, customer service has been great with TE’s team.
As a point of comparison, I just went through hell with Bax Music’s CS. The. Worst. TE’s support is responsive, patient and humane.
I read through the horror stories too.
But the french customer I am was happily surprised by their CS!

1 Like

I got one initially from B&H,
I returned it last week because I saw the screen was having frame rate issues also the encoders would jump positions in the menus while navigating .

They gave me a brand new one within 2 days, everything seems fine so far with this unit although the power switch when turning off does not sound like the previous one I had … you could hear a click on the up and down, whereas now you only hear a click on the up and it’s a more softer sound turning the switch off… doesn’t bother me as much as the other issues the previous one had. Maybe this isn’t even an issue at all :sweat_smile:

1 Like