OP-1 field feature requests

Good luck.

1 Like

I normally want it to loop, then the fade/delay tail from the end of the loop merges into the start, so the loop can be repeated smoothly. If it stops right at the end, it’s abrupt and will click when looped.

2 Likes

Yes I understand this, but it doesn’t always sound good to overdub onto the loop start because of phasing issues.

1 Like

I stop actually playing the notes / sound at the end of the loop, but allow the decay / effects to loop over.

1 Like

I was surprised to read that when you switch between tapes the mixer settings etc remain the same across all of them, rather than each of 8 tapes functioning as a standalone project (allowing you to write 8 songs on the go without backup). Is that still the case?

It’s described under Structure in this review:

Huge op1 fan and user since og1 release day, but I was really hoping to have 8 projects on the go with the new one.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that and it can be annoying. Send a request to TE and hopefully we’ll see it in an update. This was my last feature request, somewhat related:
“please allow us to select the tape style for each slot. I would prefer to have four instances of the Studio 4-track (or two instances of Studio and two instances of Vintage for example) rather than one of each style.”

2 Likes

(Not sure you’re talking about the same thing as me Oso!)

I’m now a bit confused.

1.2.5 firmware update seems to give “per tape mixer settings”. But the review I linked was published later than this and grumbles about not having per tape mixer settings? Can any current users shed light on this?

1 Like

That’s why I lead with not really related. I prefer to have the highest fidelity projects/recordings so I don’t really use the Disk Mini or Porta much. Seems that can be replicated after recording. Would rather replace those two tape formats and have that many more reels of the Studio 4-track.

Well you are in luck. Because that is possible.

Not sure if this is a reply to me but if so, I think you misunderstood. Yes you can currently have five or six reels of studio 4-track, not four separate instances of it (20 or 24 reels of studio 4-track if desired).

Ah lost in translation. So you mean the 4 tracks of one project?

Now it’s, hit shift and tape and you get to the tape styles. Turn the blue knob to select the tape style which is set (one of four options depending how far you turn the blue knob). I want to be able to choose which tape style for each turn of the blue knob. Hope that’s clear.

I do not understand. Sorry

Oh well, TE did.

1 Like

Well that is something at least.
I’m curious what it will bring in future updates.

It would be very nice to have like 4 tracks instrument loop tape recorder, that you arm and record when the color knob is pressed down and change the speed by turning them. Something like this P E R P L E X O N on Instagram: "Messing around with #Playdate + #musicbox + my voice to create some sonic textures, here using the fantastic #ekoekoeko app by @humbletune. So much fun! This is using only the built-in mic on the playdate btw. So a lot of button pushing and device-touching noises as well, but i kinda like it 😉 A trrs splitter is already ordered which should make this way more usable in a live-recording session. . . @helloplaydate . #teenageengineering #iosproducer #ipadmusician #ipadmusic #iosmusician #iosmusic #lazyproducer #producersofinstagram #mobilemusic #musiciansofinstagram #mobileproducer #artsofinstagram #perplexon #electronicmusic #appmusic #ambientmusic #granularsynthesis"

You should be able to do this through the vocoder if you just turn the mix down :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would quite enjoy this one as well.

Effects on the input, rather than the master???

1 Like

I second that.
Even better, both options. With the ability to chain at least 2 FXs per track!

1 Like