OP-1 field feature requests

Respectfully, I appreciate the suggestions but I believe this topic is for feature suggestions not workarounds.

Furthermore, I am already aware of these workarounds but they have disadvantages.

1. When recording with the microphone, additional noise is introduced
  2. Mistakes in playing and unexpected environmental noise (dogs barking, doorbell ringing) will ruin existing good recordings

I understand that the OP1 workflow is simple and unique and maintaining this is desired but I think these are valid and valuable feature requests that still fit with the OP1 ethos and would not add too much additional complexity.

Count in and punching in/out are standard concepts that exist even in the world of analog tape recording that make it easier to work when you do not have free hands when playing a musical instrument like guitar.

The count in feature seems like it would be easy to implement on the metronome page: shift-red knob, three options (none, 1 bar, 2 bars)

Punch in/out: currently there is no shift option in tape mode so shift 1 for punch it and shift 2 for punch out seem like they would work.

4 Likes

All good, and valid points. I’m hoping they add these basic features too.

I’d like separate channels for MIDI in and out. Handy so you can use the OP-1 to control something else, and also have MIDI input to the OP-1 without everything getting confused.

I’m really getting impatient for the new update which hopefully will let us control the panning of instruments before recording. It is astonishing to me that this feature is not already there, given the op1f’s stereo capabilities.

1 Like

As much as I wanna be patient, I am getting impatient for the drum kit utility tool.

The stock kits are fine, for some reason I don’t gel with them as much as the OG kits, but I really wanna start piecing together some kits outside of the OP-1F

Curious to see what the next update holds, the TX-6 update was a whopper!

4 Likes

Why don’t u just use the auto drum function? It is very easy to use and modify.

1 Like

are you referring to the auto-chop of drum samples?

If so, it’s a great function, but I’ve got lots of great one shot samples that I’d love to pack together into kits and the Drum Kit utility makes that really easy, it’s just drag and drop into the utility and it exports it as a formatted kit file, all done.

in my opinion the drum utility is easier and cleaner for this application. There is a reason that they are working on it, I am just ready for it to be released haha.

1 Like
  • Input has it own FX instead of using master.

• more steps on the pattern sequence with the ability to nudge notes.

• 8 tracks instead of 4

• full chopper game.

• supports 32 bit samples.

• new FX and Synths.

• Bluetooth audio, even if it’s only for listening to your tapes since there will be latency.

• more FX and Synth parameters on the existing ones.

• when holding record, don’t have it take you to the tape page when recording something. Kinda annoying having to switch back. Maybe have a setting in the bios to turn this feature on or off for people that like having it switch to the tape page.

7 Likes

" * 8 tracks instead of 4"

wouldn’t that be nice!!!

5 Likes

I def see this happening some day in the far future. I have no idea why they’d add a “tag” for each tape track outlining it is a “4-Track” otherwise.

3 Likes

Light mode. Multitrack over usb, a la tx-6. I kind of wish field could run drum and synth sequences simultaneously and if we’re stuck with 4Trk/2Fx, resampling could be made easier. A second LFO would go a long way for me, it sucks having to choose between dynamics. Better browser with folders, allow patch saving and renaming from help button when held in synth/drum mode. Did I mention light mode?

4 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, what do you mean by “light mode?”

Just like a light/dark mode on a phone, its purely aesthetic!

2 Likes

My only request would be to have at least 20 projects as I love to start songs

5 Likes

Ohhhh I didn’t even think of that, that would be pretty cool tbh

Only one. Ping-pong delay. Everything else already present here.

5 Likes

Feature request: Mixer per tape and not shared over all the tapes. Very annoying when working on 2 projects at 2 different tapes

11 Likes

This might have already been suggested as it seems obvious (new to OP-1), but I really wish the synth and drum sequencers were separate and could run independently.

Some kind of Euclidean pattern generator for the drums would be really great to have.

9 Likes

a count in. How that’s not a feature yet is just baffling.

5 Likes

There is though. You just run the tape from a bar early.

2 Likes