OP-1 field feature requests

I like 4 tracks. Nice and simple, I always know where everything is, and the track buttons are hardwired to their own tracks.

Would love waveforms though.

• Arm record and then start recording when you start playing or when a signal is registered.

• Encoding notes into Endless to work with external keyboards.

2 Likes

Ability to edit endless sequences, just show a mini keyboard with a dot on the corresponding note and it’s octave.

3 Likes

Assignable midi cc messages for midi ctrl mode

Both of these are already working :joy:

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the steps on how to do that?

1 Like

Shift + record. Play something

When I arm record (shift + record) it doesn’t start recording until I press play. If I start playing notes nothing happens

Do you you mean using an external keyboard? Or the OP1 keyboard?

Either. I just tried it and if you record arm the tape and then start playing notes on a synth it does‘t start recording. You have to manually hold the record button and then start playing with one hand.

You are correct! Apologies - I find that strange because I remember the OG OP1 definitely had that functionality at some stage

its not shift+rec
its hold rec and then press a note
will initiate the rec+play experience
:hamburger:

2 Likes

Very happy with this update! Panning and velocity unlocks a lot of possibilities.

1 Like

File transfer over iOS and I would be set. Seems like this would/should be implemented for a field device that works well with iOS out of the box.

1 Like

We need the ability to apply effects on input. The new Mother reverb is a game changer and would be ideal for vocals

4 Likes

I would really like a

A) touring machine sequencer as it exist in eurorack. The whole concept is just the right kind of quirky and would fit right in. I use them all the time on the modular. It lends itself to the encoders (length, probability, …). And I can already picture a myriad of graphics to go with it.

B) a “quantizer” sequencer that can quantize any input to scales/keys as well as variable resolution timing. Give those sloppy players like myself a little leg up.

4 Likes

Bought Field after the last update, so this is now based on direct experience.

1. Key value as mod source would be useful. (This goes for the original OP-1 as well.)

2. I really think that the first setting of Velocity LFO (the sensitivity of volume to velocity) shouldn’t be part of an LFO. It should be a basic patch setting. It would allow us to disable velocity sensitivity on patches that don’t need it or limit it when it doesn’t make sense to make the patch overly quiet.

3. Field needs a proper mod matrix or at least a mod array. Having to chose between modulating by envelope OR velocity OR tilt sensor is overly limiting, not matter how clever the engines are.

2 Likes

I’m 100% positive when arm shift+rec. the Field started recording after hitting note when learning the Field a few weeks ago when I purchased it. What is the point of Shift+rec. otherwise? It never did it again. Or I’m 100% crazy.

1 Like

u may have it mixed up
its hold record then hit a note and recording will start

I can’t believe there is seriously still no undo option on tape!!! I just spent ages recording something and then accidentally pressed the down arrow and pasted Down the thing I had removed and now it’s all gone- that’s insane for something that cost this much. It also feels intentional at this point because there are so many easy ways to fix this. Why not let people duplicate their existing saved tapes? Then you don’t need to build in an extra audio buffer anywhere- this is so dumb, please fix it

8 Likes