Op-1 Field new firmware 1.5.5

It’s showing in the download page - dated 12/4/24 but clicking to download leads to 404 !
Anyone know anything about it ?

1 Like

no but i reckon they found bugs and took it down. im sure it will be back in a few days/weeks.

Yeah - I wonder too… also a bit of an odd date ! I swear I have checked at least once or twice in the last week and not seen it before !!

ive noticed they just release these “lesser” FW updates without any marketing or even without emails period. so users just stumble upon them lol.

yeah i checked and didnt see it but then i refreshed my page in the browser and it showed up. so your browser like mine was prob serving the old cached value.

1 Like

I wonder what clone in tape browser means. Also, why use the clipboard levels in stead of the mixer levels when merging?

1 Like

I personally think they pulled it as the release notes missed out the new sequencers and sequencer save-states, as well as all the new synth engines.

1 Like

there was new stuff added? how do you know?

Apologies - it was a not-entirely serious post - it was very tongue-in-cheek…

2 Likes

Clone in tape and preserving mixer settings on shift drop are awesome. I will definitely be using those in my current workflow. Interested on the usb audio input select and how it fits with the rest of the field series

3 Likes

Clone tape is definitely something I’ve been wanting.

1 Like

What’s it mean @Tarekith ? Like how does this change workflow

I’m guessing you can duplicate a reel essentially. So you could clone at the start of each session and then delete the old one once you’re ready to commit to your changes, or just duplicate and then shift merge and keep building on top of your arrangement while preserving all the tracks if you want to mix in the daw later but build lots of layers

that may be a hint to copy and merge existing tapes (which would be a possibility to have like 24min tapes and maybe a mix of the types)

options to arrange the copied tapes in logical ways like 4 Tapes, 16 Tracks & 6 minutes recording if you stack the tapes
or more like 4 Tapes, 4 Tracks, 24 minutes if you put them in serial.

blend options or cutting tools to layer (add) parts, fades between tape types and finally a polyphonic midi tape track or if this is to CPU hungry maybe a new midi engine for polyphonic things and a drum oriented midi thing but with midi notes getting recorded aswell. :melting_face:

Wow. Firmware we can’t get. Out of interest, I paired the Field with the Mac over BLE and used their online auto update tool as a test - normally like everyone else I dump the firmware file on the unit in mass storage mode. Anyway, using their update tool it also says 1.5.0 is the latest firmware.

1 Like

Until someone does a video on YT showing me what the features are and if they are stable then I’ll upgrade

Oh ok so you copy the reel and adjust the new one in case you don’t like it you can revert to the old one

THANKS

In theory - but just a guess until we get our hands on it! You can shift lift and drop on a new tape right now - so maybe they felt they needed to add that if they are preserving mixer settings on shift drops or something

They deleted the firmware from the website. So i guess it wasnt ready yet.

Had a message from TE support saying it was a mistake and 1.5.5 has not been released “yet”

3 Likes

Likewise:

“hi Rowan,

thank you for contacting us!

apologies, this was a mistake on our end. 1.5.5 hasn’t been released yet which is why there was no download link.

the current version is still 1.5.0 :slight_smile:

don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions! meanwhile, have a nice day.”

3 Likes