OP-1 Firmware 241

It’s not listed on TE’s site yet, but I found this post on reddit.

I’m not sure how they got the link, but it looks legit:
https://teenage.engineering/_software/op-1/op1_241.op1

I haven’t installed yet, but maybe someone braver than me would like to give it a try?

Update: I installed it and gave it a quick once-over. So far it looks like a bugfix release with no new features, but I haven’t spent much time with it.

4 Likes

flu :face_with_thermometer:

any more info on 241? it appears 237 is missing from the website…

afaik some people had crashes with #237 on newer devices and #241 brought em back to life.
i guess someone from TE dropped it on reddit before everything got worse.
haven‘t found anything but have a feeling that the sound improved in general but just speculating…
we‘ll see.

#241 is listed now. https://teenage.engineering/downloads/op-1

It’s also dated 29th August 2019

I think ita just a newer version of the update from august.

Let’s see what TE has to say tomorrow. They might just give us an update about this new OS as well.

241 is out

We have to hope that TE’s attention to detail is better when it comes to firmware development and testing than it is when it comes to their website content.

Latest OP-1 OS update #241:

• Wrong date
  • Wrong release notes
  • Latter half of update instructions relates instead to OP-Z

!
CB

8 Likes

Anyone done the update , is there anything to get excited about ?

1 Like

I installed it. Nothing I can see jumps out at me as different.

Just a bug fix then

I was the one that dropped it on reddit. Not with TE

1 Like

oh yes sorry. you just poked around with the link right?

Yes. Just changed the 237 until I got a hit at 241

1 Like

now tell us more about #241

From TE: For information, this firmware is not including any update, only a minor fix for few unit that we are currently investigating at the moment.

1 Like
... same changelog as 235

source

so, @cloudburst 's post here OP-1 Firmware 241 looks more useful

Updated to this last night and now my OP-1 is bricked :frowning:

Screen won’t turn on despite it being close to fully charged (charged it before updating the firmware from 218 to 241). The speaker makes a brief popping sound, but other than that there are no signs of life from it.

It seems others have encountered this or similar issues before when updating firmware and I can’t find a fix. I’ve tried starting up on the bootloader but holding Shift + COM while starting up doesn’t seem to be making a difference.