OP-1 Firmware Update #243 - USB AUDIO!

i think gain is shift+orange
check the guide its all there

1 Like

I think that’s it. I had it mistaken for shifting pitch.

Glad to help, I agree that it probably is more of a workflow distraction than workflow improvement unless TE updates something to work better with Windows. I personally don’t notice a quality difference between the USB audio and interface+TRS. Seems like a big boon for iPads.

I will probably stick with TRS cables and @docshermsticks sacred adapter for any OP1-OPZ-Windows sampling.

1 Like

sound quality better via usb to daw or normal try cables?

It it possible to use the audio in/out ports as a send/return to a pedal, for example, and then having the audio pass through USB, or would that a feedback loop? Not sure what the signal path looks like with this new firmware.

1 Like

I found this old post of mine from a while ago. Pretty funny.

6 Likes

it prolly would result in a feedback loop
as the line out and the usb out are just copies of each other
not separate outs

send and return has been possible by using the tape tracks, panning and splitting the L & R outputs and treating them as 2 individual outs

1 Like

I didn’t have to install ASIO4all on my Win10-64 PC. But the input device was disabled by default, so Ableton was only showing the OP-1 Speaker output option. Once you enable the input device under the Sound control panel the input device should show up in Live (after restarting Live with OP-1 connected via USB).

4 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

Hi there.

I have a question about the above functionality.

On the TE website they state “you can now sample and record to OP-1 directly from any usb audio host”

Apologies for my lack of understanding re computer peripherals, etc.

But just to clarify, can you sample/record to and from the Op-1, Ipad, DAW directly or do you need some kind of usb hub?

Many thanks!

this is just a software update. why did it take them more then 10 years to unlock this simple feature ?!

1 Like

At least they didn’t wait 20 years :wink:

I read that they learned how to do this when they added the same feature to the OP-Z

3 Likes

USB should be better, as it just send the digital audio. With cables, it has to be converted to analog and back.

Hook up direct to the iPad Pro or Air (with USB-C). With Lightning iPads you’ll need an adapter.

2 Likes

Thanks

They said it’s the work on OP-Z that made them gain some knowledge on this.

This feature is the funniest:

• fixed: adjusted position of stats in chop lifter which sometimes was not visible
2 Likes

So, the precedent has been set. You CAN get a ten year old piece of hardware to do this. I’m waiting on Elektron to make this happen for the Octatrack. Would give it a new lease on life. Now, someone tell me it’s not possible.

3 Likes

Being able to record all 8 tracks + Cue from OT would be a blessing!

cheers x

@dothtm got a response from TE and they confirmed that this is not currently possible, but has been passed to the development team for consideration.

Not expecting this to be around the corner unfortunately.

1 Like

within the next 10 years :hot_pepper:

2 Likes