OP-1 Firmware Update #243 - USB AUDIO!

Great thanks for the explanation!

2 Likes

OP-1 USB Audio and OP-1 USB MIDI control available in VCV Rack at the same time is fun, but have to use some kind of CV signal delay as the MIDI comes in faster than the audio. Still awesome, though. :smiley: Thanks, TE!

1 Like

@LyingDalai
i knew about the sample-based content, but now yes, there is sound output from regular olā€™ synth patches! (makes renaming Snapshots so much easier!)

Best,
psound74

3 Likes

Very interested in this. Can you share more information please. Thanks.

-Shehryar

3 Likes

Allright! Got the firmware done smoothly. Loaded Garageband for the first time in years on my Mac, and was able to record GB sounds both on GB and on the OP1. And record OP1 sounds to GB.

Gottaā€™ find the camera connection kit soon to try the iPad.

Hi all, Iā€™m a bit newby, what does it mean this update to OP-1? What can you use it for? I thought you could connect op1 to z.

basically itā€™s like on a Computer so you can choose your input channels independently, OP1 and OPZ for instance as input, running the signals thru Pure Data patches and back into the OP1, selected as output.

i think this even works right from the start under sound settings on a raspberry but Iam using pure data to define more channels etc

2 Likes

Not yet, one device has to be with a Host functionality, a computer or iOS device.

you can now easily layer sounds digitally

You can connect the op-1 to the op-z. The op-z is a usb host.

just for clarity
Z is only a MIDI host
NOT an AUDIO host

3 Likes

Can you elaborate further about this?
Koala? Model15?
Raspberry pi?
Thanks

Thanks for the info. Iā€™ll look into PD on the PI.

-Shehryar

So I used my old Apple CCK to connect my OP1 to the iPad successfully. Iā€™m trying to play the keys from the OP1 to an iPad instrument and record that iPad instrument on the OP1 Tape.

Almost works. The iPad instrument gets recorded to the OP1 Tape. But so does whatever OP1 instrument was most recently selected. How do I avoid recording the OP1 instrument?

Any tips appreciated.

either use a silent synth sample patch
or any synth sample patch and turn the gain all the way down

1 Like

YES. Iā€™m afraid itā€™s probably a processor limitation though :frowning:

Had the EXACT same issue initially, came here immediately, and you already did all the work figuring this out for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I donā€™t think this implementation is turnkey enough for my workflow :frowning:

Iā€™ll give it a shot. Silence is golden.

Success! I created the silent sample patch by using an existing synth presetā€™s and setting the blue and red knobs to the far right where the signal was flat.

Wasnā€™t sure which gain knob you had suggested, by the way. But it looks like we have a few ways to make a silent OP1 synth patch.

Also, I was able to apply and modify the OP1 Tape FX to the iPad instrument on the fly during recording.

Thanks!

i think gain is shift+orange
check the guide its all there

1 Like

I think thatā€™s it. I had it mistaken for shifting pitch.