OP-1 Firmware Update #243 - USB AUDIO!

You could record the sequences from the OP-1 through MIDI to control Logic instruments, then also layer in OP-1 sounds all through USB.

I was very excited about the update but I have this issue:
whenever i connect OP-1 to my mac I can choose it as an input/output device in the preferences, but it stays connected only for 5 or 6 seconds and then disconnects. Even when it is connected there is no sound going through the OP-1 from the DAW and back but i can hear the OP-1 sound through headphones obviously.

I have the same issue both in Ableton and Logic.

Anyone know what the reason may be?

PS just to make sure: do I understand correctly that this USB Audio feature kinda turns OP-1 into the soundcard so I should hear the sounds from my DAW through OP-1? And it should work on the fly without any movements whatsoever?

Sorry if my question is dumb :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I gave USB audio a try today thinking it could be a fun way to record short videos on my phone.

Problem 1 - Android video apps kind of suck. Open Camera seems to be the only one that records audio from external mic.

Problem 2 - There is a lot of noise in the recording.

One thing I didn’t try … is turn off the ‘charge from USB’ setting while recording. That has caused issues in the past. I might also try putting a powered USB hub in the way…once I get hold of one. It would be really cool if this can work well!

I managed to make a first video using OP-1 USB audio and OpenCamera. There was still some noise (I again forgot to turn off the ‘charge from USB’ setting) but it was acceptable quality. I smiled when I got ready to copy the video the PC and laboriously edit it and realised I actually didn’t have to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi. OP1 user with Reaper on Mac/High Sierra

Can anyone quickly help with a problem?

242 installed.
My sync from DAW works great

243 installed
The sync does not work.
OP1 sends out notes, but will not receive clock or MIDI notes from Reaper.

Checked other devices that receive clock, all are behaving correctly. So it’s not Reaper.

When I reinstal 242, OP1 takes sync as expected. I’ve look around but dont see much on this issue?

Any thoughts?

I was in the same boat. Never figured it out unfortunately.

Yeah…I could not get 243 to sync.

I sent a ticket to support but they asked for a .mov of the problem, which was way too much work considering the issue (film 242 booting. Show sync working. Update to 243. Boot. Show sync NOT working…sigh), so I bailed on it.

Pretty dissapointing. So I’ll just stay with 242.

IMO sync is not one of OP1’s finer features.