Op-1 FW 245!

Perhaps the screen that is in the field, may be the only one they are sourcing now? Merely speculation.

Nope - at least not the USB-Audio Issue. Just tested it - as bad as ever… :sleeping:

1 Like

the screen on the field is LCD, the one in the og OP-1 is AMOLED so it’s very unlikely that they are using the field screen, I’m sure the displays they are referring to are the revision 2 panels, in fact in some cases my OP-1 was dropping frames and graphics became sluggish before updating to 245, but now it’s fine!

1 Like

Another little annoyance they have fixed is the behaviour of the blue knob nudging the speed of the tape while playing.

Before the update if the tape speed was less than 1:1 and nudging the speed with the blue knob the pitch would get stuck out of tune for a bit before jumping to the correct pitch abruptly.

Now it gradually and smoothly come back in pitch, as it should.

5 Likes

What do you mean here?

I’ve tested USB-Audio and works perfectly here… At least the OP-1 output via USB is perfect, I have not tested sending audio to the OP-1 over USB yet.

Nope - the ever persisting cracks and pops issue when sending audio to the OP-1 and then further on to a Computer via USB (using it as an interface for external gear). See here:

3 Likes

Yes, TE should do something asap, a 1400 $ sampler that can’t record clean audio is a joke.

Maybe we should start a petition topic…

3 Likes

For me as well, usb audio from audio input Jack had cracks and pops on 243 and also recording to tape from input Jack also had occasional cracks/pops… I even contacted TE at the time and they said that I should wait for firmware updates possibly referring to this update!

I had downgraded to 242 while waiting for the update because on that version recording to tape from input Jack was clean.

I haven’t had the time to test it on 245 yet, but I will let you know how it goes when I do.

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting back - I’m really interested if the updates fixes the issue for somebody. Recording to tape without usb connected wasn’t a problem for me - even on #243. The problem starts when using the line-in and having usb connected.

Mine does it even without USB cable connected…

What happens when you disable usb charging on the op-1?

Same - tried everything in the book. Isolator (USB & Ground loop like suggested), different sources (with and without PSUs), different macbooks, different daws, different cables, different buffer sizes, etc. My only option left is to replace the logic board but I still think it’s a firmware problem.

Even with the new firmware?

I tried your settings and when I connect the line while sampler is selected, the input level is at +31. When I adjust the inputlevel (orange) to normal settings like o.
I can record through line (I recorded my Roland d05)
Without noise, I don’t even have usb noise, and charging is not even disabled.
Do you use the original op-1 usb cable?

1 Like

Yes

I’ve also tried everything and the only way to record clean audio from the external input is to revert back to Firmware 242.

And by “Clean Audio” I mean without random clicks and pops similar to when you have your buffer size set incorrectly on your DAW, it sounds a bit like vinyl crackles…

Even with the OP-1 completely unplugged.

That’s it, to me it’s clearly a firmware issue…
Sure maybe it affects only some devices but still a firmware issue.

3 Likes

I can assure you they will not mention any of this on any update change-log, as we’ve seen with the String fix, they wont mention it because they are in denial, even though they are aware of the issue, publicly they act as if the issue doesn’t exist and if you ask them about it you are then treated like a sketchy fool with faulty hardware.

2 Likes

Amen. That’s exactly what happened to me…

1 Like

on my OP-1 rev 1 the update introduced dead/faulty pixels nearly everywhere in the system especially in the Preset lists

EDIT installed 242 to see if there’s some difference but I guess its maybe there mixed with dust or whatever. nothing to do with the update

I wish that in our emails subscription to TE, they announce the firmware updates!

8 Likes

cluster engine does sound alot better! less phasey and more precise like you said.
just did a check before i updated and im really happy with this as i use this synth engine alot

5 Likes