Following the update of the OP-Z & OP-1 this week, I had my hopes up for a true solution to the seemingly incompatible OP-1 tape and OP-Z sequencer. As of right now, after I tested them for some time, the units are STILL experiencing the same sync issue I wrote to TE about 2 months ago. The issue is as follows:
OP-1 is Master (Beat Match mode), OP-Z is slave (only Clock in / Midi in enabled) connected by a usb c <-> usb mini chord (amazon).
When metronomes are turned on for testing the issue and the OP-1 tape has a loop point set, when the start button is pressed on the OP-1, both devices trigger inconsistently and out of sync.
This method is the closest to reliable I can get when testing all clock possibilities for the two units. I sent a video demonstrating this same issue to TE and they responded with “we are looking into it”. They obviously didn’t find a solution and I am losing hope in these devices.
I figured, there must be some protocol or solution that would force the OP-Z clock, (while slave to OP-1) to start the sequence in perfect tandem with the OP-1’s tape. Even some sort of “OP-Z control” mode for the OP-1 (like the PO-sync mode), that circumvents the limitations of MIDI here, allowing the unit’s state commands, like play, stop or tempo etc. to drive the OP-Z’s sequencer… IDK this isn’t my job, but this just baffles me that they haven’t made this work yet. Im so dismayed.
I also bought an RK-005 to solve this, but it doesn’t do anything for the problem.