OP-1 Stands.

I’m currently creating a mount that will allow the OP-1 to attach to a mic stand. Most likely will do it via a 3D printer.

The goal is a straight mic stand that has a OP-1 attached to the top. This is for live use.

I’m tempted to make a stand with a desktop clamp (like an angle poise lamp) and bendy Novoflex metal arm with brackets. Quite like the 3D printed minimalist ones, though.

I'm tempted to make a stand with a desktop clamp (like an angle poise lamp) and bendy Novoflex metal arm with brackets. Quite like the 3D printed minimalist ones, though.

Like TE’s Studio System? It’s a beautiful lamp with an ugly price… but a damn perfect and sexy stand it is.

Yes, similar, but if you can imagine the OP-1 floats on a bendy, freely positionable arm instead of rigid poles. I have the parts but think it impractical, because I like to move the OP-1 around a lot. Considering the little wooden box and monoblock lead adaptor as a way of protecting it, actually.

Studio upstairs from us had stuff to be thrown out sitting under the stairs.

I spotted a little stand that I think will be just PERFECT for the OP-1 so I’ve swiped it!
Will post photos and gloat if it works well :slight_smile:

Sadly the TE Studio System is no longer for sale…

Looking good @OP1kenopi!

Thanks @vehka :wink:

Hey There!

I recently printed this stand from Thingiverse:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:33332

It works perfectly, even the screws :)

I applied some liquid rubber to the bottom of the stand, to prevent slipping.

Stole a few ideas out there and printed this :slight_smile:image

Wow that is pretty cool

Stole a few ideas out there and printed this :)image image

Yep, this stand is über-cool. Even TE could be proud of it. :slight_smile:

@fairlight2x wow crazy, I just posted the renderings from that site on muff wig yesterday. Looks pretty good, how are you liking it?

Stole a few ideas out there and printed this :slight_smile:image

WOW! How much???

I like it lots… 7 pieces total that can be glued if desired. Granted it’s not the most efficient design so the cost was high, around $140 with Shapeways. Could easily be reengineered/redesigned to bring down the price. I wanted a stand that the OP-1 “sat” on rather than lean on, or be fastened to. The rubber feet indents and strap screw “pegs” hold it in place nicely at any angle.

Awesome @fairlight2x !! Any chance you would share the STL files please?

Sure thing! I’m outta town for a few days but will put them up when I get back :slight_smile:

I have the CremaCaffe OP-1 Bunny, love it!