OP-1 Tracks

Made a small beat for Jamuary using the OP-1 and PO-33. Was really fun to use the live sampling with the mic to add a shaker sound. :smiley:

This is a track I made for battle #3. Itā€™s not listed in the old battles thread, cause back then I couldnā€™t upload it to soundcloud, the site told me it was already an Ian Pooley track, ha!
Now six years later I tried again and it worked!!

Itā€™s a hippie rock psychedelic organ track. Still one of my best Op-1 tracks I have ever made.

Kind of gangster chase from a 1970ā€™s movie!

2 Likes

I got an entire week off before New Yearā€™s Day, finally got some sleep, and that resulted in a whole bunch of sketches on OP-1.

I uploaded the guitar patch from the second one to op1.fun today. Itā€™s not super-duper advanced and maybe not going to fool anyone into thinking itā€™s a real guitar, but it still sounds clean and ā€œacousticā€, plus you can add LFOs and FX on top of it, since it does not use any.

Here are two ambient tracks I made with OP-1 synths + some external reverb.
Hope you enjoy)

my jams culminated into an actual track for #jamuary2019

my first track for fawm, op-1 onlyā€¦

My last #Jamuary2019 jams. It was super fun and challenging! Iā€™ll do it again next year hopefully. You guys (and gals) had some awesome and super inspiring stuff. Thanks for that!!!

peace.

Another op-1 only FAWM track

1 Like

some Maurice Ravel works synthesized and remixed on OP-1 (retro lounge / trip hop) :v:

2 Likes

Whatā€™s up, everyone. Iā€™ve released a track created w/ OP-1 and MPC Live up over at Bandcamp. Please have a listen there, if so inclined! Hope you enjoy it.

New track up on YouTube- paying homage to the great Robert Fripp, King Crimson, and the Frippertronics tone. Please listen!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s always good stuff of yours! Both!

I enjoyed that! I liked the tone a lot, track structure and the buildup was nice too.

My first ever recorded piece of music, a cover of Videotape by Radiohead.

Listen with headphones :slightly_smiling_face:

This was a way for me to learn and experiment with electronic music without getting bored. The songā€™s hidden complexity made it fun. The piano was played into the tape live. I used Chocolate Pianos VST on Ableton and recorded on the tape as I played. It took three overdubs as I was using the AKAI Mini 25 keyboard and only one hand (the other was holding down the note hold button). It was only after I was finished with all three takes I learned how to bounce tracks on the OP-1! OH well, the nerves were worth it.

The drums were played in live from a Drumbrute Impact. I created three basic patterns to choose as I wanted them, and twiddled the volume and pitch knobs while randomly adding other hits on the sequence. It was fun. It took a few attempts and still is nowhere near what I wanted but itā€™ll do for now.

Everything else is pure OP-1.

I have a ton to learn, I play piano but electronic music is very new. And the OP-1 has hidden depth. Loving it. Going to do something original next.

1 Like

Wow! In any case, good job, I enjoyed listening to that. Also I had fun reading about syncopation in that track, nice find.

Iā€™m posting something Iā€™ve recorded recently. This is 100% OP-1, Iā€™m playing again with CWO :cow: and varying tape delay, this time trying to achieve something more musical. Craziness starts in the second half of the track, somewhere around 1:20.

Iā€™ve just finished 14 op-1 only tracks for FAWM,
I own an op-1 since two years but i donā€™t really used it a lot, so i decided to use only op-1 for a month and then decide to sell it or notā€¦ as resultā€¦ I will never sell it and now i want even an op-z :smiley:

3 Likes

Was taking down notes as I listened, enjoy some random scribbles:

Track 1: Liked the sounds. Track 2: The intro was too loud and too rhythmical for me, liked it more after that, but eventually skipped, not my style. Track 3: Cool sounds, cool buildup, enjoyed it. Track 4: Smooth, snappy, almost jazzy, I like it. Track 5: I like the harmonies. Iā€™d replace the voices with something more melodic, maybe in the high registry; itā€™s a personal preference though. Track 6: Simple, minimal, pure joy. Curious, how did you record that, is that arpeggiator/sequencer or are you playing manually? Track 7: I like flowing sounds. Track 8: I liked how the voices were morphed into something else with effects! Track 9: Slow, nice buildup; the track progression seems very natural; I enjoyed this one a lot. Track 10: This one is awesome as well. Maybe a tiny bit too static somewhere around the middle. I liked the ending. Track 11: Awesome harmonies, rhythms, this sounds great. Here the ending could be more complex. Track 12: Drums are a bit too rough for me, especially in the first part; this could be personal preference. I like the second half a lot. Track 13: Like it a lot! Track 14: This one too.

Overall: :+1:, I enjoyed listening to this.

Thank you for the feedback!!! really appreciated :slight_smile:
Track 6 is all sequenced with finger sequencer, i was in doubt because i wish it had a more natural feeling but my timing sucksā€¦ :slight_smile:

two extra tracks made during Battle 59 era, but deserters, due to over-saturation.

1 Like