OP-1 Tracks

Both good. First one: :+1: Second one: :+1::+1:
Also, wow, you really liked those Battle 59 rules! :slightly_smiling_face:

New post, new avatar, new track.

Actually this is something Iā€™ve made earlier but didnā€™t trim and upload yet. With delay, reverb and filters controlled by LFOs, itā€™s an extremely calm piece. Good night, I mean, enjoy!

Decided to start a thing. Every time I have a coffee in a real coffee shop Iā€™ll make a track. Here is the first:

Itā€™s all 100% OP-1. Made the drum samples from hitting things and manipulating the results. To be honest making the bass drum sound took the most time, the rest of the track took literally a few minutes. It was so much fun I decided to do it every time I go.

Done for fun, not sure how it sounds.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Track for battle 59. Unfortunately, I didnā€™t finish it in time.

Just got my new op-1 this week (my 3rd:joy:) and Iā€™m so glad to be back with this amazing instrument. I tried the mpc live, toraiz sp-16 and the digitakt and nothing could compare. I decided to put a upload a beat tape of a collection of beats from the past 5/6 years. I think there are only 2 or 3 that didnā€™t use the op-1. Most are all op-1

I got curious about how far I can get with ā€œgeneratedā€ melodies on OP-1. This is the result:

Aside from the drone, everything else was mostly played by sequencers with various randomizations. The drone had three long-running LFOs for extra generativeness (normal one, one built into DrWave, and CWO).

1 Like

trying to chromatically tune an analogue delay by sending sequenced tap tempo.
synth is an OP-1 !

Hereā€™s my debut release as Videodrƶm. Videmus Prime is the first in a long line of three track EPā€™s with music Iā€™ve composed and produced on the OP-1 synthesizer. Lotsaā€™ more releases coming. Stay tuned. :sunglasses:

Pick your poison and stone free: Videodrƶm (Videmus Prime)

2 Likes

Made this a while ago. Straight from OP-1 album recording with an added fade-out at the end (I got carried away and went past 6 minutes!).

Interesting. I canā€™t recognize a single OP-1 engine, except for rare String plucks on Oktane. Is it mostly samples? If not, I would like to congratulate you on very good programming.

Drums are all Neoprene kit on ā€œA Different Stringā€ and ā€œOktaneā€. I used my own kit for ā€œKant Knock the Husserlā€. The latter was built around a bass track which I sampled of my Elektron AK. The synths are mostly tweaked stock presets. My go to is Wave. I create white noise sweeps by sampling radio static noise and using filter. The slap bass is sampled off a Kork M1.

My process is that I compose and produce the tracks on the OP-1. I create an outline of the beat and create loops, changes, fills and melodies, effects. Basically the building blocks of the track. Then I export the tape to DAW where I arrange, mix and master. Sometimes Iā€™ll add subtle VST:s underneath a sound to fill it up. No rules!!! And certainly not idealistic in my process. The OP-1 is the hub though and the tracks wouldnā€™t turn out the way they are if I didnā€™t use the OP-1.

Thanks a bunch man, appreciate you listening to it. I have 5-6 more EPā€™s ready thatā€™ll be released in the next few months. Follow me on my Insta if you like @monomojo.se

1 Like

feels like itā€™s been a while.

coming out of somewhere here, but basically nowhere
is this the new ā€œnot newā€ but just a pasture walked beyond
time in a moment, present now when it pauses
circle it

I have made an 8 tracks album called ALPHA BRAIN ZONE in 2015.
This album can be listened in a band camp page here, this is one of my artist project called ERRORMELODY :

Ā©ļø2015 - all right reserved

Of course I have made many others tracks with my op1 , but some are plenty of others electronics devices , and some others are sleeping inside my computer because not mixed / arranged . Anyway have a good listen to this album which is 100 % op1 tracks ! I use Ableton live for some more effects, mix the 4 tracks tape and arrangements.

Of course , if you like this work, any support is appreciated on this band camp page !

1 Like

I rode my bike out and made a quick Op-1 slapper

1 Like

experiments.

1 Like

Unfiltered improv.

1 Like

Iā€™ve owned an OP-1 for years but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever fully produced a track in its entirety on the OP-1 alone. I normally just make sketches that I flesh out later or add extra parts with other synths and things. But since the update that added the finer grid chopping option on the tape I canā€™t stop producing tracks on it and Iā€™ve fallen back in love with the beautiful little beast (even made me put down my Z for a bit). Anyway, here is my latest OP-1 only track. Thanks.

5 Likes

Really enjoyed that, nice sound and interesting edits!

1 Like