OP 1 vs cat urine

Hello esteemed colleagues. Last September due to horrible circumstances I wont go into, a cat peed in my op 1. After talking to TE, they said they would work on it if I cleaned out all the urine. Then I didn’t hear anything back from them until today when they decided they wont work on it (sadly, this will be the last time I buy anything from them). So I have to repair it myself. I’ve tried to talk to them for support about what I should replace but no luck there either…

So here are my problems:
The OP 1 does not stay on without being plugged in and the audio jack needs coercing to send stereo audio.
So, I guess it’s probably the connector board? Which is also a situation where I’m out of luck, because there are none in stock.
You’d think such cool devices would have better customer service…

iFixit to the rescue: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Teenage+Engineering+OP-1+Connector+Board+Replacement/19125

Did the cat only pee on the connector board side?

Should’ve just told 'em it was beer. I wonder if it’s cos you told them it was cats piss that they wouldn’t work on it.
“Bagzee not me working on it!”

cant you just claim it on house insurance?

@spacetravelmadeeasy said:
Should’ve just told 'em it was beer. I wonder if it’s cos you told them it was cats piss that they wouldn’t work on it.
“Bagzee not me working on it!”

I’ve been thinking about how that would probably give me better response times with them sadly. There hasn’t been any urine inside it since September!

@AUDIOLAB said:
cant you just claim it on house insurance?

That would take getting insurance and then claiming it happened recently, right?

@Sparky said:
iFixit to the rescue: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Teenage+Engineering+OP-1+Connector+Board+Replacement/19125

I’ve read through this many times, but connector boards are only available through the euro store

@GCF said:
Did the cat only pee on the connector board side?

It was mostly on that side, yeah. I cleaned it all out, so I may just be experiencing the failing board and no urine complications

male cat, right?

:s :smiley:

Oh. Pee won.

Haha!

Did you get it fixed?

Is it normal for a company to fix something for free? “Oops, I stepped on it, TE better fix it for free!” “Oops, cat piss, can’t believe TE won’t fix it!”
This is crazy to me. Advice: Get rental insurance covering the contents of your home or insurance on anything you find valuable. Insurance is what you get to cover items when you are at fault.

Sounds like they won’t fix it no matter whether he pays a fee or not, probably because they don’t want to touch cat pee. As an owner of two cats, it wouldn’t bother me, but I can see how it might bother others.

@tumble2k said:
Sounds like they won’t fix it no matter whether he pays a fee or not, probably because they don’t want to touch cat pee. As an owner of two cats, it wouldn’t bother me, but I can see how it might bother others.

Its cat pee not Anthrax. I wish TE would take a look before declining. I’m sure the poster has done his very best to get rid of the pee.

Cat pee, anthrax, toilet water, spit… either way it’s not TE’s fault, so why should TE fix it? Seriously, is this normal? That’s not wear & tear, that’s negligence.

Maybe I have it all wrong…but I would think any company that fixes something for free that broke due to negligence would go out of business.

Where did the OP say anything about a free repair?

I’m not saying fix it for Fred but have a look at least