OP-Z Android app live in the Google Play Store

Enjoy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teenageengineering.te012

6 Likes

Excellent! I happen to have an iPad, but it always felt a little unwieldy next to the OP-Z. Most excellent indeed.

1 Like

Fantastic

This is amazing

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work for me. The app keeps telling me to push the bluetooth button on the op-z. The light next to the bluetooth button keeps flashing for a while and that’s it. :confused:

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

No issues so far on a Galaxy s9+! Fantastic!

Pretty sure it wont work with my shitty phone.

Looks great on Xiaomi mi A2 lite

I love that they released this! A note to any privacy tinfoil hats like me: Bluetooth LE (which the op-z uses) requires location access, so you should grant that permission if you don’t want the app to lock up and crash.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me either, I push the bluetooth button it blinks and then nothing. :slightly_frowning_face:

Welp, no love for older android phones it seems.

Wonderful news! Works perfectly for me on my Oneplus 7 pro.

Holy crap! I could hug you! I had location turned off. I figured my junk phone just wasn’t compatible. After reading your post, turned on location and BAM, it works! Thanks a ton.

4 Likes

Wow, works here too!
Thanks!

3 Likes

Also works perfectly on the Huawei Mate 9 (though I had to connect twice - the first time, the device’s LED would turn green after blinking blue, but the app wouldn’t notice).

Such awesome news!

Works perfect in Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus!
Aldo on second attempt, after reboot.

Really happy to see this!

Got it working on my older Samsung S6 :raised_hands:

Connection is dropping regularly, and the only way to get it back seems to be to close the app, switch off bluetooth, switch off OP-Z, redo all of the above, sometimes several times. Not sure which combo is doing the trick. To be fair, it is in beta! Hopefully the disconnection is resolved, because it was working well before it would DC.

<3

It’s working nicely for me! I have a OnePlus 5T and the app is much more responsive than on my old iPad Mini (no surprise here).

The main difference is I can also connect with USB cable on iOS, but that doesn’t seem to work on Android (yet?).

Hey all… is anyone able to somehow source the APK file from the play store? I’m interested in trying to run the app in an Android environment within my PC. Having trouble making Google recognize the spoofed android as a “compatible device”. If i can get my hands on the file, that might be an easy workaround.

Let me know!!