OP-Z Battle 001

What about recorded punch in effects on the performance channel that can be muted/unmuted?

I guess muting is a legit way to extend a single pattern. So as long as the punch in effects are sequenced, then they’re fine.

I also didn’t realize you could sequence punch-in effects. I’m totally going to try that now!

2 Likes

The sequencing of the punch-in track is a very powerful feature, I used it in one of my songs to fill 8 bars of punch-in effects, setting the track speed at 8, now with the new firmware you can sequence 16 bars! That’s crazy, you can add a lot of variety to just one pattern.

3 Likes

This battle is already teaching me great stuff!

1 Like

Yeah, just tried this, how crazy is that! Even muting the punch-in track track works fine! Now, adding a few step components (trigger sparks, jumps) on there would be even more the bomb.

1 Like

Step components on the master track would be amazing for one-pattern songs.

1 Like

Count me in!

It’s a peaceful, quiet Friday night at home. I just installed new speakers on my livingroom bookshelf. It’s the perfect night to make a pattern and record something nice. Here is my submission, recorded direct to Tascam DP-006, no fancy stuff, just how like it. Took advantage of mute groups, sequencing the key on the master track, and the performance track.

2 Likes

Nice and chilled!

I’m in!! Just for the record, mute groups are allowed???

Yes! Already asked above. Mute groups are cool.

1 Like

@Mistercharlie :grin:

Here’s my entry. All in one pattern, just using mutegroups to switch stuff up.
3 Likes

The section at 44 seconds is super cool. How do you do that with one Pattern? Using the transpose track? PS. Ive never played on opz

deleted

Thanks! I used a mute group to bring down the drums/percussion. You could also use the “duck” feature in the Performance Track to achieve a similar result. You can transpose chords in the master track OR on the chord itself by or by holding down the “tonality” step component button.

1 Like

Here’s one:

4 Likes

Double checking because this one has too many rules: is it ok to tweak the initial settings of the accepted presets or do we need to use them as-is? Asking because I’ve managed to make the best sub-bass from the saw bass.

Tweak away. You just need to use the plug in slot one. And feel free to dshare that preset!