OP-Z Bugs

Reverted back to 1.1.9, works fine.

BUG: Occasionally when changing HI-HAT sounds/samples the track will stop trigger any sound all together. The only way to get it to trigger again is by resetting the unit.

the animation in the performance track is not showing up for me any more. Neither on the iphone, or ipad. I have not tried to do anything to fix it yet, but I am going to try doing a fullbackup, factory reset and restore my backup.

1 Like

@kingof9x said:
the animation in the performance track is not showing up for me any more. Neither on the iphone, or ipad. I have not tried to do anything to fix it yet, but I am going to try doing a fullbackup, factory reset and restore my backup.

I think I had this once when messing up with the midi parameters.
Go to the midi section and check that you have midi in and out, i think numbers 2 and 3.
I am guessing that it is just the signal not being sent from the OP-Z to the App

While i was setting mute groups, all of a sudden, i’ve lost a entire pattern i was working on :expressionless: .
It disappeared without warning and i’ve not erased it. I didn’t even touch the stop button.
It makes me wonder how people could use the opz live with this kind of bug.

I’ve been testing the step components, and multiply(0), eg multiply(random), doesn’t seem to do anything.

• ios 12 opz app ipad : no plugin names
  • punch in effects dont reset after pattern change (they keep running till next punch fx trigger)
  • switching tape off and on in mixer, occasional hickups
  • i find all poly played patches to be quickly distorting in a non pleasant way ( i understand some of the plugins are emulating distortion like shade)
  • Once u added a samplepack it remains in the configurator even after u deleted the pack in content mode
  • bass channel showing poly
  • sometimes after having the opz unattended flat for a while, picking it up at a certain angle activates the mic, but it doesnt switch off untill u back and forth the thing a few times
  • hardly any plug and play on the OPZ being an usb-hub: so much stuff not working that is class compliant

WOw: i also consider the fact that if u change screen from photomatic or motion with the hdmi or vga connected: the external signal turns to black
wtf : ( i wanna edit record, play and interact auio and video PLease do fix that

1 Like

Hey!
Since this is my first TE-product I use, the bugs I experience are pretty basic, yet quite fatal and weird.
My OP-Z is randomly turning off when my PXC550 BT headphones are plugged in… Without data losses though. When I turn the thing off and on again, things look normal, battery is half full, everything looks fine for a while. When I put it away for an hour though and turn it on afterwards, battery’s gone up a solid three LEDs and when I plug the headphones in again, it “crashes” again… I guess. Gonna try it this evening with studio headphones to try and reproduce the error.
Cheers!

@grueny said:
Hey!
Since this is my first TE-product I use, the bugs I experience are pretty basic, yet quite fatal and weird.
My OP-Z is randomly turning off when my PXC550 BT headphones are plugged in… Without data losses though. When I turn the thing off and on again, things look normal, battery is half full, everything looks fine for a while. When I put it away for an hour though and turn it on afterwards, battery’s gone up a solid three LEDs and when I plug the headphones in again, it “crashes” again… I guess. Gonna try it this evening with studio headphones to try and reproduce the error.
Cheers!

My OP-Z does a similar thing to yours but without the headphone part. It switches off randomly without any rhyme or reason, but without any data loss, and regularly displays weird battery charge levels. I’m currently waiting on TE’s painfully slow customer support to figure out what is going on.

@michaeljrocks said:
My OP-Z does a similar thing to yours but without the headphone part. It switches off randomly without any rhyme or reason, but without any data loss, and regularly displays weird battery charge levels. I’m currently waiting on TE’s painfully slow customer support to figure out what is going on.

customer support probably needs to work a few hours overtime right now … Please share what they think, mine also just started turning on/off without anything attached. Updated to .12 by the way. Cheers!

What’s the consensus on firmware 1.1.12? Safe to update or incredibly buggy? I’m still on .9 but want to fix the missing 10th slot for the plugs (supposedly fixed in .12).

@sketcherazzi Consider living with missing 10th slot vs not being able to update the OP-Z content at all :slight_smile:

i’m on .12 and have updated the content many times w/o issues

@docshermsticks said:
i’m on .12 and have updated the content many times w/o issues

Me too. No probs here.

I have had a couple random restarts after updating. But since I deleted the factory project files, and added some of my stuff and some of the loops from @docshermsticks sound pack the op-z has not had any restarts.

The only issue adding content I have had was with files not being the correct format. Make sure they are .aif files. Any patch from op1.fun or anything made with the op-1 drum kit works perfectly.

@rudolphrapid said:
@sketcherazzi Consider living with missing 10th slot vs not being able to update the OP-Z content at all :slight_smile:

Yea in the same case here, plus the inability to have a proper update after unplugged the opz, i need to redo everything in the app :frowning:

those who are having issues w/ content mode, have u looked at your import.log file for clues? rejected folder?

I also have an issue with content mode on 1.12. I use Windows 10.

Downgraded and have no issue.

import.log is never updated because the op-z never restarts to process the files. It just freezes and I have to shut it off completely.

ah i see. are u all on windows?? anybody having issues w/ mac?