OP-Z Bugs

Yes on windows 10 for me

my gut feeling is this is something to do w/ windows

have y’all tried anything like this? (suggested from another thread for a different problem related to windows)

@darenager said:
Try going into device manager when you have it connected, if you see it there and it isn’t working delete it from device manager and then refresh, it should re-install it and then it should work fine, you might have to do this occasionally as sometimes it seems that it gets corrupted. I have done mine about 4 times now.

I did try that and it didn’t work. It’s 100% a bug since downgrading just fixes the issue.

just throwing darts trying to help
i dont have this problem at all on OSX

it may well be on the Z end causing the problem
but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have anything to do w/ windows potentially either.

Does anyone else find their tape track occasionally gets stuck? Sometimes I’ll be jamming away on the tape and I’ll take my fingers off the buttons but the tape buffer will keep playing. It seems to happen mostly when I’m using the pitch bend in conjunction with the keys.

There’s a drone mode on the tape track accessed by holding the track button and rotating the first encoder clockwise. Is that on?

I think I just solved the problem with the op-z freezing in content mode after unplugging the USB cable. I simply pressed the “play” button after removing the cable and the all those pesky green lights turned blue and it went trough with to update.

I hope you have the same luck!

On 1.1.17 - entering notes on a melodic track is affecting samples on the drum tracks.
When I put in a note for bass or lead for example it’s changing one of my samples on the Snare track. Didn’t notice this on earlier firmware.

@sketcherazzi said:
On 1.1.17 - entering notes on a melodic track is affecting samples on the drum tracks.
When I put in a note for bass or lead for example it’s changing one of my samples on the Snare track. Didn’t notice this on earlier firmware.

Forgot to mention that it doesn’t happen when I play the melodic tracks live, it’s just when I input a note to a trig that it changes the sample on the other track.

Sorry to hog up the feed here - I just figured out that the Melodic tracks are affecting the Tonality Step Component I was using on the Snare track. Not sure if that’s an intentional behavior or a bug. Working around it!

Does anyone have a backup of their op Z disk ? mine went wrong , and I need a copy to put it back inside of it and bring possibility of making sounds??? thanks a lot<

Bug
When I “hold shift + move color dial”, in addition to the color dial I’m moving, the “fx1 send” value for the current instrument always increases. When I let go of shift, everything returns to normal (as expected). It doesn’t even matter what page of dial params I’m on, it’s always fx1 send that increases. I can even see the light for fx1 send brighten when I move a different color dial.

Why It’s Annoying
I can’t really use the temp dial change option, since no matter what the “fx1 send” will increase. E.g. if FX1 is set to delay, then any shift + color dial movement will start to introduce delay.

Tech Details

• I’m on 1.1.17
  • Factory reset didn’t help
  • Firmware flash didn’t help

@mbutki I already reported it to TE support several weeks ago. I also thought it was a pure bug. However I got really interesting answer: it is by design :smiley:

Updated yesterday. Both app and opz firmware. Opz found in app but not working completely. Cant trigger pictures in photomatic for instance. In motion the encoders work but not keys. The display key works but cant use encoders to scroll in app. And more like this :slight_smile:

@rudolphrapid said:
@mbutki I already reported it to TE support several weeks ago. I also thought it was a pure bug. However I got really interesting answer: it is by design :smiley:

I hope they also “design” a way to disable it o:)

@masamarysson said:
Updated yesterday. Both app and opz firmware. Opz found in app but not working completely. Cant trigger pictures in photomatic for instance. In motion the encoders work but not keys. The display key works but cant use encoders to scroll in app. And more like this :slight_smile:

Figured it out. Midi out was disabled on opz.

@mbutki said:
Bug
When I “hold shift + move color dial”, in addition to the color dial I’m moving, the “fx1 send” value for the current instrument always increases. When I let go of shift, everything returns to normal (as expected). It doesn’t even matter what page of dial params I’m on, it’s always fx1 send that increases. I can even see the light for fx1 send brighten when I move a different color dial.

Why It’s Annoying
I can’t really use the temp dial change option, since no matter what the “fx1 send” will increase. E.g. if FX1 is set to delay, then any shift + color dial movement will start to introduce delay.

Tech Details

• I’m on 1.1.17

CONFIRMED! same here

@Lymtronics said:
There’s a drone mode on the tape track accessed by holding the track button and rotating the first encoder clockwise. Is that on?

What do you mean by that?
Holding the track button and turning the red knob it’s a dry/wet for the Tape Track

My opz crashes (turns off) at random intervals. I would say an average of 10 minutes play it will crash. My opz is therefor totally unusable.

Factory reset, firmware upgrade and removing the battery for more than 30 seconds didn’t help.

TE support takes weeks to respond. On Twitter no response.

update: have been playing for 20 minutes now. Had 5 crashes. Meaning the opz turns off. Battery at 25%.

@mbutki said:
Bug

Why It’s Annoying

Tech Details

• I’m on 1.1.17

yeah! thats a bug…of course its a bug…I would love to see the yellow leds to link different tracks to the shift and temp. value option! without the default delay of course…that should just happen when selecting the delay send dial, otherwise it’s a Design Fauxpas!