OP-Z Bugs

Hi @ArtPunk,

I bought it directly from TE. I wrote to C.S. like 2 weeks ago. Hoping to get an answer from them.

Happy new year.

Happy New Year to you too @pedo! I really hope you get a solution from TE soon. ?

Glad I found this thread. This battery life issue is huge. How can it have less than the OP-1? I was on the fence about getting the OP-Z but now I have to pass, and that makes me sad. I could use a USB battery pack but that really gets in the way of what I imagined the OP-Z to be, an even more mobile OP-1, based more on sequencing and less on tape.

:neutral:

the op1 battery capacity is 1800 mAh
opz is only 750 mAh

thats only 41.6666666666667%

And OP-Z can be charged up quickly :wink:

Is there a bug where the feature to let you mute a track in the mixer, but still have it go to the FX sends doesn’t work? Following the instructions in the manual I can make the track LED go red in the mixer, but I’m pretty sure there is nothing audible from the FX track it is being sent to.

BUG : OP-Z crashes (goes to upgrade mode) whenever 1) I am connected to the app via Bluetooth then 2) I change from one pattern to another. For some reason, I can still go to another pattern through P + play + next pattern, but going straight to the next pattern without pressing play first crashes the app. The crash does not occur when I am not connected to the app. I am running the firmware 1.17, and have the same issue with the 1.12. Tried a few factory resets already, and tried downgrading the firmware as well, both didn’t work. The only thing I haven’t tried yet is with the factory reset + not re uploading my projects (I directly re-uploaded my projects after I did the factory reset).

Can we ask TE to make the main volume knob a bit more sensitive again for low impedence headphones? They changed (increased) the output levels in the last update but it makes it hard to setup a comfortable output level now…

1 Like

Paste on bank 9 overwrites all of the patterns not just the one you paste on mine

I’m running the most recent firmware and an iPhone 8 Plus.

Today I can’t switch between the menus when I hold the screen button and tweak the green encoder. When I press the screen button it changes the screen to the menus, but when I turn the encoder it does nothing. Worked fine yesterday. Anyone else?

EDIT x2…was working but back to original problem seems to be intermittent

1 Like

@MatthewAshmore
+1
Same behavior after reset it works back to normal…

2 Likes

Got exactly the same issue with this “shifty” shift button. Leading to unwanted entries. F…g annoying. Request submitted on support to confirm where it from, firmware known issue, unit…

1 Like

Drone-length notes continue playing even if the track is muted; Not sure if it’s an intended behavior or a bug.

I have a last batch OP-Z unit with the new icons, and I have some retrigger problems mainly with two white keys. In general, it works fine, but sometimes the keys retrigger when the key is released. After testing these keys, I think that the pressure to restore the key to the normal state is less than other keys, just a little bit lower, and it happens mainly when it’s released slowly, or because when you are pressing keys fast, sometimes I don’t press the keys with same pressure when playing live. The keys that have this problem are located around the middle of OP-Z, between the black keys 3 and 4.

Is this the same problem with the first batch of OP-Z or was the problem with the first batch even worse? I don’t know if I have a defective unit or not.

When clock in is enabled (via USB-C) and external clock is being received, song pattern chains start at the 2nd pattern instead of the first. Happens for me in all versions including the latest 1.1.23. Anyone else seeing this?

Anyone managed to brick the OP-Z? I was loading samples onto mine earlier from my Mac and got the “file X cannot be copied, not enough memory on device”. Checked the OP-Z disc, only 103kb left. Deleted a few more sounds that I don’t use, still only 103kb free. Emptied the trash on my Mac. Still only 103kb. Ejected to OP-Z (properly) and upon restart the unit was non-functional, no audio, no transport, just a few trig LEDs lit. I had to do a factory reset.

Thanks for this! I was going crazy…

1 Like

Sadly twice within the last couple weeks the OPZ would not turn on. The first time popping the battery out did the trick. BUT, I lost all saves and when I connected it to my Mac all the config files where missing as well. I did a factory rest and this solved the issue.

Then today similar happenings. Only I had to take the battery out about 10 times before it popped back online. I lost all saves and it loaded into its factory mode.

This thing is fucking great but at this point its just unstable enough to where it is no longer a 'Tool"…It’s just an expensive toy.

Try to swap iT for another one with your dealer. It is defect i think.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I wish I could. I picked this up from a pretty reputable electronic musician who will remain nameless. He put probably about 5-10 hours into it. :frowning:

Ive owned it for about 6 months and this is just now poking it’s head out. If it happens again I’ll drop TE a line a see what can be done.

Sounds like the first owner dropped it ? Maybe you can put a peace of paper between the battery and the bottomplate, for extra tightness?