OP-Z - Color Dial Falling out

I had exactly the same and got a new one.

Based on @benton thread, it seems like this issue may develop over time.

I had it on a new one. Already had 3 now, number 4 is good.

I will risk to put a drop of super glue, I’m abroad and very difficult to send items in and out of the country… Hope to get it fixed. I will let you know… I’m sorry I opened a new topic about this. Regards

You don’t have warranty anymore? Even when you are back home again?

Take care with glue!

Wow… very impressive. I’m not very mechanical and would be afraid try.
Luckily, have not had that problem. Knock on wood

In my case, all 4 dials are falling, what? maybe the OP-Z bent in my backpack? IDK… take a look:

Hi everyone, I managed to fix my four dials with “seal tape”. As seal tape for plumbing is very thin I used just a layer in each dial:

only a layer and that’s it… it’s fixed like new:

no glue,

Thanks regards

Benton

11 Likes

:pray: :beer::beer::facepunch:

1 Like

thanks. just used this method. works great.

2 Likes

That will work, but I’m 99% sure that they are using a model cement of some kind. It makes sense as they like to make their stuff easy to work on and that way it should stay in but you can still get them out if you need to replace them. I think as long as you don’t expose it to crazy temperatures it would stay in. There are model cements that are specifically made for plastics and these type of uses. Plumbers tape will work too though but seems alittle ghetto, I would get some model cement. I wish they would say what specific band they use.

I had the exact issue with my green dial. After a few emails with support, where I attached a video to show the what I meant, the asked me to ship it back to them, then received a new one about 2 weeks later.

New one does not have this problem

Was that TE support you emailed directly?

Started the whole process on the support page on their website, then subsequent comms was via email

1 Like

Just bought mine today and I was gutted to see my green an blue encoders coming loose. Thanks for the seal tape trick. I just happened to have some in drawer somewhere - 0.075mm bs7786 1995 grade L - and it worked beautifully. Just sliced it in half to match the height of the encoder’s root, one layer around was enough in my case.

Very helpful tip,
Cheers!

2 Likes

Same for me. One wrap of teflon plumbing tape and reseat the dial - press down firmly and let go and you have a good snug fit, with seemingly smooth, free dial rotation.

Thanks to beton for this very handy solution. Nice woik!

2 Likes

for a 600$ piece of hardware this issue is really unacceptable though

1 Like

i guess the OP-Z was first build with popping encoders in mind, like switching the whole inner part instead of the lego crosses…

maybe TE has changed those plans shortly before release.

just got my OP-Z, reading through manual now, so excited :laughing: I could use warranty to get this replaced for this issue but seems the Teflon job saves time and money. I mean send back a unit because of a bouncy knob that could be fixed with a minimally invasive operation… I suppose its not up to me to say though might I add, taking action yourself to fix the unit in any way VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY :warning:

snug fit, feels like it should. this seal tape tec works great! try not to use too much tape and make sure its a clean job so that no little plastic frillies end up on the circuit board… thanks for the help fam, peace.

1 Like