OP-Z External Input

So mixinglink is a proper digdugdiy I/O with a case? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, only 10x more expensive. And with an FX loop!

MixingLink is more than just that. It’s a pro audio Swiss Army knife. Check out this commercial to see all it can do:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! The Mixing Link works perfectly with the OP-Z.

3 Likes

FYI:
The BandLab Link Analog Mini also works with the OP-Z. It can be hooked up via the included (and detachable) TRRS cable, has a 1/4“- Input and a 1/8“-headphone-output to monitor the OP-Z while feeding it with an external signal.
You can control the input gain to tame loud signals (tried it with the bastl Kastle which is loud af). It even helps to use a dry, non amplified guitar with the OP-Z (though it’ll lack headroom without further amplification).

I love the clean and simple design and it’s only 29€. For me it has been the perfect choice and I prefer it over the iRig2 :blush:

5 Likes

is this kinda the same as digdug’s OP-Z TRRS SPLITTER I/O ?
https://op-forums.com/t/op-z-trrs-splitter-i-o/
BandLab thing looks clean, but i think im going to order one from digdug, when they are in stock again. i dunno, digdugs version looks more special, i like the colorfull knobs.

3 Likes

In the end they both do the same, yes. Just like the iRig2 and other alternatives (as long a they are CTIA standard TRRS).
So you’re free to choose whatever suits you best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. How is it powered?

I have one from digdugdiy and very happy with. Meaning to post a little jam with it as use for i/o track. There are some good demos already posted though.

Ehhh, i would pay twice the price for an op-z with a regular built in audio-in connector (like on a pocket operator). how diffecult was it to add an extra hole next to the headphone hole. why does teenage engineering has to make things extra difficult. is so demotivating using a dongle. op-z is not a macbook, its a musical instrument, its a shame they didnt include this feature out the box.
i used to have irig, but lost it, cuz i hatted using it. by the time im done connecting all the cables and adapters (2.5mm to 3.5mm), i dont feel like jamming anymore.

Here is a demo with @docshermsticks opz trrs splitter. The splitter works really well to mix in an external gear and will have a use for sampling too I guess.

3 Likes

As a newbie, I need some guidance on TRRS inputs for the OP-Z. By now I bought three TRRS audio splitter cables (two of them explicitly CTIA) and even a OMTP-CTIA adapter and nothing enabled me to turn on headset input (while my cheap headphones with mic do).

Am I doing something wrong?
Do I really require an iRig2 or similar and cannot use simple splitter cables?
Thanks in advance for any advice! I really look forward to some integrated ø-Coast / OP-Z jamming! (ØP-Z!)

1 Like

+1

screen+2 does nothing, module track active. also shift+2 has no effect (app also shows when mic is active but headset never can be activated).

CTIA splitter into OP-Z with a stereo cable from source via attenuator.

hard to understand why wouldn´t it work like in the videos??! :smiley:

Well. After 3 botched attempts to get it to work with CTIA splitter cables I bought a used iRig 2 with which it now works without any issues.

Same for me! Driving me crazy.

BUT with apple headphones with CTIA 3,5mm jack (RIP) it works with no problem.

btw TE support page gives yet another key combination for activating headset (which doesnt help with splitter cable either):

the headset button is not mandatory, the microphone source can be activated with SCREEN+SHIFT as well.

https://support.teenage.engineering/hc/en-us/articles/360026019653-OP-Z-sample-and-mic-input

1 Like

what power does it need?

Normal pedal power. 9V center negative. Or a battery.

Couldn’t get the combo audio adapter to work on mine.

Are you using a TRRS cable?