OP-Z External Input

+1

screen+2 does nothing, module track active. also shift+2 has no effect (app also shows when mic is active but headset never can be activated).

CTIA splitter into OP-Z with a stereo cable from source via attenuator.

hard to understand why wouldn´t it work like in the videos??! :smiley:

Well. After 3 botched attempts to get it to work with CTIA splitter cables I bought a used iRig 2 with which it now works without any issues.

Same for me! Driving me crazy.

BUT with apple headphones with CTIA 3,5mm jack (RIP) it works with no problem.

btw TE support page gives yet another key combination for activating headset (which doesnt help with splitter cable either):

the headset button is not mandatory, the microphone source can be activated with SCREEN+SHIFT as well.

https://support.teenage.engineering/hc/en-us/articles/360026019653-OP-Z-sample-and-mic-input

1 Like

what power does it need?

Normal pedal power. 9V center negative. Or a battery.

Couldn’t get the combo audio adapter to work on mine.

Are you using a TRRS cable?

Yes. The only TRRS CTIA standard splitter I found to work is the Headset Buddy brand. The two you posted from Amazon don’t work on mine and I had to return them.

1 Like

Hi Everyone.
I bought and tried several splitters and failed and ended up buying the irig v1.
it finally works! But there is a problem😵
I am trying to use op-z as a fun effector. but, the input volume provided by the irig v1 is too low to mix properly.
(op-1 → op-z → out )
As the input volume is weak, sampling is also difficult to obtain good results. Turning up the volume on the sample reveals the rough noise that was hidden -but actually it was nice(?)-
I think this is the impedance(?) problem…?
What about other irig v1 users?

And wanna ask the irig v2 users. irig 2 has an input volume control there, does it work well?
-Is the sound not distorted due to excessive gain?-
I’m worried that raising the input volume to the max will have the same result as the irig v1.

The irig v2 can be bought in Korea for around 40$, which is double the irig v1.
I could have bought irig 2 from scratch with irigs and splitters that are now obsolete😇
Well… I’m thinking of saving up some more money and buying a new module.
But if irig v2 is ok, I’ll go with it.

Save and get the new module…

But are you turning up the input volume? Do you know it is different then post sampling volume? If not, check the manual.

1 Like

I know adjust the volume on the module track (14th butten).
also know that i can adjust the volume inside the sampling screen. The result is the same. The volume provided by my irig is itself weak

Would it make any difference id we used a mono vs a stereo 1/8 inch on these splitters that are working for some people and not others?