OP-Z f/w 1.2.12 and updated app - heads up

Greaat !! I am so happy I recently bought it. Actually, the continued support is what convinced me, the thing that TE keeps upgrading the product regularly making it so awesome !
For instance I was really happy when (before I bought it) i saw that the sampler was added.
And guess what… Other LFO shapes and destination is really what I wanted :smile: and this is first update since I bought the device.
Keep up the good work TE, you’re doing so great with this device ! :slight_smile:

Nice!

I’m looking forward to use this for making drum hits sound more organic by changing the transients slightly for each hit.

2 Likes

the OP-Z is made for expansion updates!

It’s really sick to see the different aspects of music creation and how they can drastically change to a more versatile and unique sound source…such nice ideas!!

1 Like

Such a great update ! :partying_face:

1 Like

Btw guys, what is the Gyro wave shape ? first time I hear it.

1 Like

This is super cool. Thanks TE for adding all dis :slight_smile: question: what realtime graphics do you mean?

Last question: can you unlink the arp to tempo? Looks like no. But still cool to be able to disable! That’s an improvement for sure, and stoked to see lfo to pitch!

1 Like

Anyone tried the bass track - I have a on/off behavior on each note I play… If I press a key it lights up and sounds(depends on the preset) until I press it again

Edit: sorry, that preset had changed to drone mode at note length - that’s why :wink:

Cool update… and I’m pretty sure my trigs act a bit more normally now.

The Mac OS app isn’t updated, though, is it?

the graphics from the lfo and its waves :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gyroscope (Tilting the axis of the Z)

For a second i was thinking it was like a gyro kebab shaped lfo…

4 Likes

Kaizen!

I had double trig issues on a misprinted unit and it really seems gone.
TE fixed that? If so - well done - big applause!

2 Likes

Just upgraded my unit… Will have a focus on the new features these days… Regarding bugs (maybe it’s off topic but someone else might have had the same) yesterday my opz cancelled everything(kits, projects, patterns) from its memory after i loaded some samples both mine and from op1.fun … had to perform a factory reset because there was no backup data saved on my pc😓
Afterwards i put only a few user samples with no special character in their name and it went fine… Will do more uploads and see if this bug is given to opz error or if there is something wrong within the samples…

Really? the double trig problem was firmware related?

From the replies, he says he working on a tutorial video as I type this…so hopefully we’ll see it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a great update! Love the redesigned LFO:

• gyro to pitch: for that theremin feeling
  • triggered random to filter cutoff: add some timbral liveliness to your sequences
  • triggered saw (single) to cutoff: for that filter envelope
  • vibrato!
    …etc, etc…

The new LFO implementation really adds interesting new sonic possibilities to the OP-Z and enhances its timbral and dynamic capabilities quite a lot! Bravo!

2 Likes

TE stated in some mail exchange that it’s a software thing…let’s hope the used market isn’t ruined at all. :clap:

would never buy such equipment second hand if the buttons suck. :see_no_evil:

…and this is just the lfo!
and this lfo will soon have a lot to modulate I guess! overall I like that update especially with the new free/latch modes on master track.

before this update it was surprisingly meh to use the master track within a mix because the harmony was latched into a grid or bar and it was impossible to just tip a chord change into the sequence. everything is great about the OP-Z. :100: TE

I assume we don’t get an lfo on the arp channel now, when around is disabled? But just asking considering there is lfo on the FX tracks which is so cool!

My unit (also misprinted first batch) still has got the double/triple trigs after this update.

Other than that, super nice update!

1 Like

Can you confirm that FX tracks have their own LFO page?

I know I could install the update and see for myself, but I’m holding off as a reward when I get through preparing BPMs in ableton for band set (a bit more boring than playing with reverb lfo :rofl:)