OP-Z f/w 1.2.12 and updated app - heads up

Is this in the app? I don’t use the app really.

On op-1 you modulate the play direction, which from memory is 2nd blue param, ie. shit+blue, so on opz drum sampler, play direction is 2nd param (blue), so lfo free, non tempo synced to blue param, you should get timestretch. It’s lofi AF, but should work. You’re welcome.

I’d do it now, but too busy. Let me know the result. Post a vid for the community. Poor Bruno was too slow (thanks Bruno for all your great opz vids <3)

Yes! FX tracks have separate lfo’s now. You press shift to get to lfo parameters… they are just like the regular lfo’s, same parameters.

1 Like

You can’t modulate the time of the delay with the LFO, although you are able to sequence this parameter.
I don’t see a way to add step components on those tracks either

just trying the new firmware for the first time and one of the first things i’ve tried with the new LFO stuff is the classic tempo-synced S&H (random) to filter cutoff and WOW the drift is really bad…

i put a kick drum on the beat and when i start the sequencer, its locked to the beat for a few bars before just sounding like a sloppy mess. and then it’ll sort of drift back to being locked on before becoming a mess again.

yikes… not good. anyone else experiencing this?

edit: ok i was not using the triggered version of random. now its working much better… but still! lots of drift without the triggered version!

that’s correct. but it’s great to have another chord track when the original one is messed up in LFO madness. or a two voice poly when linked to each other.

I think it’s a 4 note poly track but it feels like 6.
someone?

I like the route they are going!

I am not sure if this was covered in the thread yet… But has anyone one had any issues with this update messing up LFO settings on certain tracks?

I have (2) OP-Zs with the same song on both units and when the upgrade was preformed I had the same issue with both units.

This is not a big deal I think I will be able to dial in the LFO settings I had before the upgrade, but it would have been nice to know that this issue was a possibility when upgrading.

If anyone has had similar issues or wants more info on my situation please let me know.

Thanks.

I found something inside sampler which is also shown in the App.

if you’re in sample edit mode and press play, the pitch goes up +1 everytime you hit the play button.

normally you would use the -/+ buttons

I guess it’s a bug

I noticed that too. How can I revert or cancel the change? Is manual save the only way to prevent accidental mistakes in sample editor?

you can easily change the pitch setting with - back to the original value

I also think it’s not the full truth that double trigs were caused solely by firmware. I just got my second unit after sending it in and having it confirmed as a hardware issue with TE. I’m also having some bugginess with new update in that it’s crashed on boot and pattern chains would not work until I retried the next day.

someone said, TE said, this is a software bug but I personally had to exchange my unit from the very first batch. since then (1year) I have no more doubletrigs.

Please write down every Bug you explore within 1.2.12 in a new topic called Bug report

I’m the same. First batch unit was a PoS.

New unit is great so far. Time will tell, but in fairness, the quality control seems a lot better, and I love all the updates, so kudos to TE - there were a lot of concerns earlier in the OPZ lifecycle, but they have definitely improved my emotions towards em!

There are still some quirks with the opz, but it’s getting better with each update TBH.

1 Like

I’m seeing a trigger bug with the sample track :confused:

I have a sound on the first step of two patterns, which both trigger as each pattern loops individually.

However if I chain patterns, the 2nd sound doesn’t trigger. This only happens on the sample track.

I can put sounds on the beginning of the kick track and they play, only the sample track doesn’t trigger.

If I move the sound to the 3rd step, it will trigger. It’s only that 1st and 2nd step.

I reset firmware and created a new project and just dropped two samples on the first step of two patterns, chain the patterns, and that’s all it takes to reproduce for me.

put this and a recreation manual into the Bug thread :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hello there,

Am I the only one who don’t see this after the update:
From JohnnyEgo’s initial comment:

• add note style option to master track (latch, free). read about it here

I think, I tried everything, but I just don’t see it anywhere.
If someone of you guys, write a short steps to reach that, It will be dope.

Thanks in advance!

Just checked this out; I think latch was the default behavior for Master trigs previously - I.e. if you key the first trig it will carry through until you add another. Free (blue led) makes it like other tracks where the value is only on the trig itself (and any hold you apply to it).
In Bruno’s demo I think he’s got the note length set to Drone - that’s the only way I’ve been able to get the Master track to hold notes without setting trigs.

1 Like

With the new one-shot Saw LFO, it seems that I only hear its effects when the sequencer is stopped, or I have a trig activated. If I try to play that synth when the sequencer’s running, I don’t hear the LFO. I tried this with tempo sync (blue dial ccw) and free (blue dial cw). Am I missing some sort of setting?
Not sure how I’ll use it if I can’t audition the lfo over a running sequence.

hey, it’s on the master track and you have to press shift and turn the blue dial to nr 2.

it was never meant to hold the notes like a drone, more like a quantized function over a fixed period of notes…

with 1.2.12 it’s now possible to really punch in those chord changes and it’s great for jamming

1 Like