OP-Z Firmware Updates.

Good to know - the app has been updated too!

Neat, really needed that sample slot.

Nice!! Good to see that TE is pushing updates this quickly.

I’m finding a lot of bugs in 1.1.12. Drums are inexplicably linked and recording into my DAW with MIDI through USB is triggering notes that aren’t there and not programmed in, even after clearing the pattern and the program.

Anybody else having similar issues? Does anybody still at the 1.1.9 patch so I can revert back?

@rickcohen
I don’t even have the OP-Z yet but luckily downloaded the previous firmware…
https://we.tl/t-5zOESBjOIl

Does the device support rolling back the firmware?

IMPORTANT:

I just made an account here so I could post this. I installed the new firmware (1.1.12), no issues. Then I transferred some sample packs onto the device and ejected it from my computer. Normally, when I pulled the USB cable, the green leds disappeared and the op-z updated the new files. Now, when I pull the cable, nothing happens and the leds stay green, as if I were still in content mode. I did a factory reset, but that didn’t fix the issue. Any ideas?

Just turn the device off and then on again.

@python said:
IMPORTANT:

I just made an account here so I could post this. I installed the new firmware (1.1.12), no issues. Then I transferred some sample packs onto the device and ejected it from my computer. Normally, when I pulled the USB cable, the green leds disappeared and the op-z updated the new files. Now, when I pull the cable, nothing happens and the leds stay green, as if I were still in content mode. I did a factory reset, but that didn’t fix the issue. Any ideas?

I think I had a similar situation and, like rudolphrapid mentioned, a power cycle did the job.

Thanks, but maybe I should have put that differently.
My op-z doesn’t properly leave content mode when I eject it. That means it doesn’t update any files I changed, so I can’t put new samples on it or put my old projects on it after a factory reset.
Turning it off and then on again does not help in this case :frowning:

@rudolphrapid said:

Do you mean, while the op-z is still connected to the computer via USB?

@python said:

@rudolphrapid said:

No. After you ejected the device.

@rudolphrapid said:

@python said:

@rudolphrapid said:

No. After you ejected the device.

I have to do that every time. But it doesn’t fix the problem.
I connect the op-z to my computer while in content mode (track button+switching on)
Let’s say I put a new samplepack on slot 6 of track 3.
I eject the op-z, my computer says its save to remove it, so I pull the USB cable.
Normally, that would result in the op-z updating whatever new files or projects had been altered.
This doesn’t happen as the op-z is frozen in content mode, when all LEDs are lit green.
That means I can’t put any samples on it or restore old projects!

Does anybody know if its safe to revert back to an old firmware?

EDIT: I tried it on another computer, but also no luck. It still stuck in content mode after ejecting and pulling the plug.

What kind of computer OS are you using?

As for not ejecting properly, this happens to me constantly on a ChromeOS device.

That’s why I use a Linux machine now to transfer data.

Did you try with a different cable?

Yesterday I also experienced that OP-Z remained in content mode after ejecting it. However I just made a backup, didn’t alter its content. I wasn’t aware of that it should’ve reloaded itself right after ejecting it.

@paletochen said:
What kind of computer OS are you using?

As for not ejecting properly, this happens to me constantly on a ChromeOS device.

That’s why I use a Linux machine now to transfer data.

Did you try with a different cable?

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried it with two different windows 10 laptops and two USB cables, no luck :frowning:

@rudolphrapid said:
Yesterday I also experienced that OP-Z remained in content mode after ejecting it. However I just made a backup, didn’t alter its content. I wasn’t aware of that it should’ve reloaded itself right after ejecting it.

Maybe you can try to put a new file into an empty slot of one of the drum tracks and see if the op-z accepts it? It might be one hell of a bug if leaving content mode is broken.

I installed the older firmware now (1.1.9) and everything is back to normal. I’m still curious to see what others will report.

You should open a support request on TE site with the bug report, I think.

I already did that :slight_smile: