OP-Z Firmware Updates.

Hi @Jan76 @JohnnyEgo
I recently updated OP-Z to the latest fw version and experiencing totally the same behavior as Jan76 described.
I re-created the track from the scratch and got the same issue again
What I noticed so far, this happened to me with “Analogue” synth engine. I also noticed - lower release in the envelope setting, less it’s bugging but still dropouts present. Those sample cuts appear mostly when the track is in playback and I’m adding some live notes to existing loop.

It also seems to me like CPU or RAM overloading.

Thanks @Kobzon for your post, at least we are not alone with that issue… so please TE fix that in the next update!

you should do a quick video and send it over to TE and if they can recreate the behavior they‘ll do something about that.

they’re really open for bugfixes and feature requests

I found out that it has to do with the envelope of analog synth… it’s the release, when i turn it back to 17 (it was 40 before) the clap doesn’t cut anymore and the track is ok then but little different cause of the release:(

2 Likes

exact same on my side :slight_smile:

I actually just updated my firmware today and was having the exact same issues. Different elements of the track (bass line, or chords, or what have you) now randomly drop out as if voice stealing is happening. Did they reduce the global polyphony on this update or something? It seemed like polyphony was track dependent beforehand.

My internal microphone basically stopped working with the new update. Anyone with the same issue?

Make sure you don’t have “drive” on Master track cranked up, I think it was drive on Master track, if not, some other wierd dial on Performance track. Because I’ve experience this voice stealing and it was due to this dial being high up.

I don’t think that’s the issue. It’s not an over-compressed or over-driven sound. It’s certain elements/voices simply not engaging. However, I’ll give this a shot next time I turn on my OP-Z and let you know.

Just confirmed. Neither the drive, nor the compressor is fixing the issue. Hopefully they got fix this soon.

anyone else experiencing extremely slow battery charge times since the recent update?

1 Like

Anyone experiencing Bluetooth disconnecting when trying to add the new fx in Configurator? I can change synth engines with zero issues but cannot even sync the new reverb with op-z. Tried factory reset. Did not work. It consistently happens every time.

This is the first time I haven’t update as soon as the new fw drops but I think I will wait some more

Experienced the same issue. I thought that it was because I was maybe using too many notes across the different tracks but that didn’t seem to be the issue before. For me it was usually one note of the Lead or the Bass that would cut out, but it was never consistent. Sometimes it played and sometimes it didn’t. Super frustrating. Between this and the drum samples uploading as Gate by default, I’ve been wracking my brain at what could have been the issue, but it looks like the firmware is the culprit.

1 Like

I’ve downgraded to previous version and everything seems alright now.

1 Like

Is this easy to do? And if so, are you able to either point me to the instructions on how or list them out if its not too much trouble?

https://teenage.engineering/downloads/op-z

Version .26.

1 Like

Yes. Sure. Very easy. Just do the same as for upgrading but with the FW version you want to go to. Done

Oh very nice! wasnt sure if it required some sort of workaround to downgrade to a previous FW. Which one are you on just for reference?

the previous one pointed by faro in the previous post the 1.2.26 I think it is.