OP-Z Line Module 🔥

5 Likes

Ordered

1 Like

So now the op-z has 4 inputs! I wonder if this means 2 more inputs and outputs through usb :sweat_smile:

I ordered it straight away!

1 Like

Also ordered.

New firmware is out but on the website it doesn’t list any bells and whistles in there beyond integrating module and fixing bugs.

1 Like

Wow! That OP-Z looks really warped - it’s rocking when he presses buttons! (I know the back is off but look how high each edge is!)

1 Like

I saw the video come up but somehow didn’t realise it would be on sale. Gonna have to wait a bit now for it to show up in shops.

1 Like

Yeah, sold out already…

1 Like

I looks like he put rubber feet on the internals or the unit, but maybe only at the corners.

1 Like

I was gonna buy it… I have bought every thing they have made for opz… but I’m over it… not a dollar more from me until they can show they give a crap about us… this whole thing is just a big letdown… and the price is a joke… they can keep their singing dolls for the next sucker…

2 Likes

apologies for the stupid question - but what exactly does this do that the OP-LAP doesn’t do?

2 Likes

Line in and line out. Watch the video on their site. It explains it.

1 Like

i did see the new video, but i don’t understand what the new functionality is of line in and line out vs the stereo in that we have already and the out that exists on the OP-LAB - like I get the input trigger via external audio is new, but i don’t understand line vs stereo input etc

3 Likes

That moment when he combines it with the drummachine and you realize how small modern gear has become

1 Like

You get another stereo in and out in addition to the existing output. Plus you get actual separate jacks for in and out, and extra routing options.

3 Likes

Additional Inputs are not very useful, it just sends audio (with some lfo mod) to the internal mixer.

1 Like

I think it has multiple hugely useful features…

Stereo input let’s you use the internal fx with other gear, mix other gear, and you also essentially get a free 2 channel audio interface for your computer!

Also, now you have 4 inputs if you count the mic inputs + internal microphone + usb stereo from a computer! So 7 additional inputs to your mix…!

finally it lets you record 4 tracks out of the op-z for better mixing/mastering.

I can think of many more potential new uses!

3 Likes

what are some practical things you can do with that?

1 Like

Two that useful for me:

1. Control external synth with a midi out and route it back to audio in
  2. Process one track with external effects
2 Likes

Input trigger is not new. Midi/trig in/outs are same, but oplab have CV to control/be controlled by modular/CV synths and Line module is audio out/in.

1 Like

ok, using external effects on a single track would be awesome. wish i could do that on op-1.

what would be the point of routing a midi controlled external synth back into audio in?

1 Like