OP-Z Preorder is online

https://teenageengineering.com/products/op-z/pre-order

Yep, just got an email from TE to that effect.

I was going to wait untill there was good footage out there of the OP-Z but now that I’m on the order page I’m starting to really doubt if I should wait… Oh no, what to do?!

Ups, I just ordered.

@artsun said:
Ups, I just ordered.

Me too :#

Me too!

Ordered!

Need a new specs page to lurk!

I’m a bit disappointed…

• Would I really throw 618€ for a device I have not the slightest idea what it does? From a company that has not met a deadline for years? I mean, there is no real manual, online. Only the previous “preview”
  • A thin and soft 20€ rollup bag is all there is as a blind pre-order bundle privilege? After all this wait? No little gesture for all the patience?
  • “CABLES AND GRIP KNOBS DO NOT COME WITH THIS BUNDLE”, it whispers… They could have. that would have been cool.

Sorry for the rant, I usually don’t like to put bad vibes online. But this offer is really thin. Like, REALLY really.

PS : I don’t even see what “bundle” means, in such case. It seems I can buy only the rollup bag, if I want to. So what is in this “preorder bundle” anyway ?

@LyingDalai said:
I’m a bit disappointed…

• Would I really throw 618€ for a device I have not the slightest idea what it does? From a company that has not met a deadline for years? I mean, there is no real manual, online. Only the previous “preview”
  • A thin and soft 20€ rollup bag is all there is as a blind pre-order bundle privilege? After all this wait? No little gesture for all the patience?
  • “CABLES AND GRIP KNOBS DO NOT COME WITH THIS BUNDLE”, it whispers… They could have. that would have been cool.

Sorry for the rant, I usually don’t like to put bad vibes online. But this offer is really thin. Like, REALLY really.

PS : I don’t even see what “bundle” means, in such case. It seems I can buy only the rollup bag, if I want to. So what is in this “preorder bundle” anyway ?

I agree, even though I’ve been super on the fence about this, I was hoping that the “wait is over” email was going to have some final info, and perhaps persuade me to pull the trigger and buy it. But no, basically a “sorry about the wait” and “click here to pre-order” but no final specs or details about the device :(. I am not interested in the “bundle” which is essentially a fabric case. If it was any other company but TE, my scam-warning system would be going off. I really wish they would just have someone write up the details about the final production model so we can actually see what we are getting if we purchase it! It’s still really unclear to me what the final features are.

thought it was a bit much the tagline “the wait is over”
the wait is over for what now more waiting?..lol

And Brazil is not on the destination list anymore… WTF :frowning:

Not gonna violate the NDA, but I can suggest anyone who is in the dark about what it can do should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XKUF1bXdfw&t=1287s

ordered ! Lets hope it meets our expectations !

I have pretty good faith in TE at this point; the op-1 changed my life and the KO became a constant companion. Have a feeling the op-z is going to exceed expectations. Hoping the preorder and shipping process proceeds quickly and smoothly for everyone!

Wish it came with the little leather pouch I’ve seen pictures of instead of the roll up…either way trying to stop myself from pulling out my wallet

Looks like the preorder is now sold out. Wonder how many they made available for this round considering how quickly it sold out.

Oops I did it again…admittedly, it does seem a bit tight NOT to include the little plastic knobs. Oh well.

@hiabex said:
Oops I did it again…admittedly, it does seem a bit tight NOT to include the little plastic knobs. Oh well.

Comon man, they can’t be giving out free extra’s worth $70,- now can they? :#

Just preordered from a uk site - gear4music. £530. Hope the leather case isn’t more than £40. Also really really hope the unit comes with the USB A to C cable lol!