OP-Z sample mode high pitch squeal

When I enter sample mode and hit record, all I get is a high pitched squeal and that is all that is recorded - a high tone noise.

Any ideas??

Try turning of volume, push the playbutton to start /stop monitoring.
Or use headphones

Nope, that didn’t help unfortunately. It was working ok earlier today. It just puts out this highly pitched noise now when I hit record

Factory reset :fire:

Track button? Is it the 440 reference or mic feedback?

I honestly don’t know what it is. The track button still gives out tone but this squeal when I press record while in sample mode is completely different and very high pitched.

Still sounds as feedback to me.

2 Likes

think so too

Turn the speaker volume down on the op

Mine does this too. Seems like a bug because when I try to turn off monitoring I still get the feedback squeal.

ah! it’s the USB sizzling, it is not within a Sample or a record it’s just the Output of the Op-Z! sorry iam using ground isolators with my mobile gear and definitely recommend those…it’s a problem with OP-1 aswell, at least under some circumstances!
peace

haha it’s so nice to see all the old names again and this 2year and 5year reminder thing is awesome

Is your op-z output connected to a amp or daw?

no, it’s just coming out of the OPZ. nothing plugged into the OPZ headphone jack in this video.

There is your feedbackloop :slight_smile:

But pressing the “play” button doesn’t turn off monitoring. It always monitors when recording.

Ah i see ,in your video it appeared to stop the feedback sound when you pushed the play button.
When i hear the feedback i just turn down volume or use my headphone or use my soundsystem or the play button .

This issue is still happening on my device. Not only does it give out a high pitched squeal in record mode, it actually records that sound as well so I can’t sample ANYTHING.

Should I do a factory reset do you think?

Mine does that as well. I think it’s a bug and hope they fix it in an update. To get by I either cover the speaker with my thumb or turn down the volume of the OP-Z.