OP-Z sample mode high pitch squeal

Thanks, so how are you live sampling if you are covering the mic? Even with the volume down it still spits out the squeal

I cover the speaker on top with my thumb. The mic is on the left side with the yellow power knob.

Ah gotcha, I misread that

Have you tried a factory reset?

I have not tried a factory reset. I donā€™t want to lose my samples.

A factory reset will not change the nature of feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok so does everyones OP-Z behave this way?

Yes. Every recorder/player. With a mic and a speaker next to each other will work like this.

So I wonder why we havenā€™t seen more of the same issue as Iā€™m getting in that case?

There are two volumes, you gotta turn down both and then after you sample turn it back up and adjust the sample volume. One volume is the yellow master knob obviously, the other volume is in sample mode hold shift and the top 16 steps are the sample volume, do you have that jacked up? I usually keep that around three or four.

I can tell from the video is too loudā€¦ You gotta turn it down untell you can barely hear it, when you sample into the mic you will be surprised how loud it is recording.

It doesnt matter if you turn it right down for me. Mine still records high pitches tone at a low volume level

You need to turn it all the way down

Did you turn both volumes down?

just plug some headphones

Yes you can do it!

Op1 is not like this tho. Thatā€™s what surprises me. It mutes the internal speaker when recording from the built in mic.

My op-1 is like this. But only on real high rec levels.
Because the speaker is not as close to the mic as on the op - z.

this!

itā€™s just a really natural feedback, you have to close down the volume with the yellow knob!

normally you donā€˜t need a monitor function for acoustic instruments because yeah you guess it! :fire:

So turning down the ā€˜sample soundā€™ by holding shift 1-16 seemed to have fixed it and is sampling like it should without the high pitched squeal. I did t know this was a feature in sampling mode, so there you go! Thanks everyone. Iā€™ll report back if the issue returns at all.