OP-Z sample mode high pitch squeal

Mine still squeals with the recording gain all the way down to minus 3 (the kick drum). The only way for mine to not squeal is to turn the yellow volume down most of the way.

Yes. Thatā€™s what you have to do. If the sound from the speaker gets into the mic, you get feedback:

1 Like

at least itā€™s really possible to close the Speaker holes with a finger, iā€˜ve personally turned the yellow knob like 5 times and came up with ā€žthe finger on the speaker-holesā€œ approach and I guess TE also did thatā€¦

you can get some really heavy Synth sounds out of the recorded feedback loop as the Sample engine has a really high resolution and you can nearly here the ā€ždistanceā€œ inside a feedback loop, it sounds like a reverb curve

Just tried sampling and found this thread very useful re feedback - thanks.

However, perhaps someone could explain the logic behind the inbuild mic indicator.

In sampling mode, should it not be green when tilted and red when recording?

If not, whatā€™s the purpose of it illuminating in this way when not in sample mode?

Ta.

CB

1 Like

hey i donĀ“t mean to hijack the topic, but i got a similar problem. No feedback but distorted samples and mic. Op-z crashed earlier the day. I restarted and first the encoders didnĀ“t work in sample mode. I restarted again and they where working but from then on the rcording always got distorted and even just using the mic without sampling shows this distortion. decreasing the gain doesnĀ“t seem to help. Is this a known bug?