Op-z - sampler!

Could this be more likely via Audiobus or similar?

It would likely just show up as a class-compliant audio interface, which Audiobus should be able to use. The hard part is getting the Z to split its audio channels and send them over USB, which is fairly processor-intensive for such a low-power board (and may even be physically impossible, depending on how the physical circuit was designed, although that’s the least likely option).

1 Like

I’d be more than happy if it just could work as an audio interface, especially if I can use the line in at the same time. It would be cool to use the OP-Z as an interface for recording the OP-1 straight into the ipad, either to record into beatmaker 3 or just to run through a bunch of effects apps.

I can do it already by using a Zoom H41 and a powered USB-hub, but the less toos I need the better.

2 Likes

If its less than 6 mins, I just record to album and take the file off in disc mode. I have the zoom but I just use it when I need the mic and recorder same time.

A Roland Go mixer costs about £50

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

I played with it a little bit before I went to work. If I brought it with me I wouldn’t get anything done today.

5 Likes

Sampler is monophonic, ain’t it?

Yea…i’m about to take a quick Zed break at my day gig lol…

1 Like

No, some tracks are polyfonic. the drum tracks don´t as far as i know

1 Like

drumtracks can have 2 sounds per step…lead track 3…chord track 4 (would like a few more here)…

1 Like

Anyone had any luck sampling with a line-in TRRS splitter? I got one and no matter what I do, the OP-Z only samples from the mic… I can hear the input of the splitter, but it does not record or sample from it.

I think it’s still pretty buggy cause I got the iRig that’s recommended and it doesn’t work all the time. What might help is disabling headphone reduction in the .json file but you have to be careful with how loud your audio source is when sampling. Also I’ve had luck getting it to work by barely plugging in the cable and moving it in slowly until full contact has been made while at the same time trying to enable headset mode. It’s really hit or miss.

are you using TRS cables? (Stereo) or TS (Mono) ?

the irig has a mono input

I’m using a TRRS that splits into a TRS stereo headphone and TS mono input. I’ve tried the screen+shift command before, during, and after activating the sampling functions. I can always hear the line-in through my headphone, but I also always hear the physical mic and it always record from the mic.

does it show up as number 2 lit while holding the screen button?
are you already on 1.2.8?

I’m on 1.2.8 and when I hold the screen button I only have number 1 lit up, I try to hit 2 or 3 and they stay blacked out. So I’m guessing the OP-Z is not recognizing an input?

I can use the i-rig but no trrs PC splitter.
you should get one.

2 Likes

Correct, is there wrong kind of input for some reason.

1 Like

Indeed, I have tried with two of those cheap TRRS splitters with the same results.

With the iRig 2 and iXZ, however, it works fine and is completely reliable

2 Likes